Friday, April 20, 2007

[flowers] a language all their own [2]

Fifteen more for our erudition and delectation:

1] Aniseed - Restoration of youth

2] Bluebell - Humility; constancy

3] Camelia - Good luck gift to a man

4] Coriander - Lust

5] Dandelion - Wishes come true

6] Geranium (Scented) - Preference

7] Hydrangea - Thank you for understanding

8] Ivy - sprig of white tendrils - Anxious to please

9] Lily (yellow) - I'm walking on air

10] Mint - Protection from illness

11] Moss - Maternal love

12] Orange Blossom - Brings wisdom

13] Palm leaves - Victory and success

14] Primrose - I can't live without you

15] Rose(pink) - Please believe me

4 comments:

  1. So why do suburbanites loathe dandelions so much?

    They're so fun to blow on and watch the seeds scatter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it had that effect, Welshcakes. I like the way flowers can be used to say certain things myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie, you were commenting as I was commenting. Yes, I like them too and I have a great photo I'm using on the next post on flowers of petals blowing away.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.