Friday, July 31, 2009
[friday quiz] five fiendish questions
1. Air Force One is the US President's plane. What is Marine One?
2. Eboracum is the Roman name for which city?
3. Which is the closest answer to how long the Hundred Years War lasted - 97 years, 100 years, 115 years or 147 years?
4. The Condor Legion was the name of the German air force flying for Franco's nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War. What was the name of the Irish volunteers on Franco's side?
5. What was the name of Haile Selassie before he was crowned in 1930?
A helicopter, York, 115 years, The Blue Shirts founded by former Irish president William Cosgrave and commanded by Gen. Eoin O'Duffy, Ras Tafari