Sunday, June 14, 2009

[blogs preventing commenting] goodbye

I've just been around the blogs and have done Part 2 of the Blogrolls.

One thing which I find irritating [amongst other things] is when someone has a blog with comments switched off or has never allowed them. Fine on the occasional post but as a general rule? What, we're meant to just come over and drink in that person's wisdom uncritically, are we?

On this blog, I expect to be taken to task the whole time, as indeed I am and for that, moderation at a minimum must be in place.

The receptacle for blogs refusing commenting is not necessarily the bin but it is in the section entitled 'Dormant, Deceased or Don't Allow Comments'.

Apology

My turn to apologize to those who have sent Facebook and other social networking invitations. Facebook I am prejudiced against [this is why] and it's difficult to sign in and find one's way about with some of the others; maybe I'm just non-techie. Even more do I regret that Blogger won't let me respond to their 'Follower' scheme on the dashboard. To those nine people - I would reciprocate but Blogger won't allow it if one has a classic template.

Sorry.

8 comments:

  1. but if we offend your sensibility what will happen???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many have - it doesn't worry me. It's fair game on this blog except that I won't have my readers abused by other readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "One thing which I find irritating [amongst other things] is when someone has a blog with comments switched off or has never allowed them."

    Especially when they like playing troll at other blogs; I've seen several people like that, and I refuse to converse with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, Bob. This sort of game playing does get up the nose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am quite averse to facebook too. But I have had to go against my principles today and join so I can network with some of the PCS groups. But that is all I will be doing there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, James, we could have great fun on facebook! You're certainly more techie than me and if I can play around on there so can you! You've said you don't like emailing. Well, facebook is a quick way to see how your friends are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ps: I didn't realise that was why you don't "follow" on blogger - I thought you didn't like the idea for some reason. Actually, I find it a pain because you are always at risk of offending someone if you don't follow back and once I had a swearblogger on there and I had to remove it, not because I was personally offended by the blog but because my students read mine and I couldn't allow a link to a blog like that to stay on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welshcakes - do follow the link on Facebook and its DARPA antecedents. Did you know you can't unsubscribe? It's a very intrusive networking tool.

    Yes, one is at risk of offending by not following back and sometimes the reason can be technical, not any intent on our parts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.