Tuesday, November 04, 2008

[another bloody meme] four of ...

Now this is psychic.

I dropped off to sleep about midnight but about 2:30 a.m., woke up in a sweat and had this idea I'd best check comments. Turned on the Mac and checked. Nope - nothing unusual. Thought I'd check Ordo and Halls of Macadamia.

Now why would I do that? Well, because they're good blogs, I know but I think you understand.

Ordo had a meme up he'd been tagged with. Oh how I detest memes but he's an interesting guy and when I saw "four places I have lived", I thought hmmm - interesting. Got to the end and what do you know? He's tagged me among four people. Well, Ordo, your wish is my command.


Four jobs I've had

1. Radio DJ
2. Gardener
3. Storeman
4. Lecturer

Four films I can watch over and over

1. Daniel Craig Bond films
2. Jason Bourne films
3. Snatch
4. Lord of the Rings Goblin Version

Four places I've lived

1. Britain
2. Australia
3. Russia
4. Sicily

Four TV shows I love

1. Hard Talk
2. Travel shows
3. Antiques Roadshow
4. Various music from classical to rock

Four places Ive been on holiday

1. San Clemente
2. Vancouver
3. River Sai Yok
4. Reykjavik

Four of my favourite meals

1. Almost anything Italian
2. Almost anything Russian
3. Almost anything South-East Asian
4. Almost anything Northern British

Four websites I visit daily

1. Bloghounds members
2. Rest of my personal roll
3. Various news sources
4. Jobsites

Four places I'd like to be right now

1. Northern England
2. Russia
3. France
4. Italy, Canada, Australia , U.S.A. [sorry]

Four bloggers I tag

1. Longrider
2. L'Ombre d'Olivier
3. The Quiet Man
4. Posh Totty

[There were seventeen I wanted to tag straight away but the rules were strict and so this is where the pin stabbed. Sorry to two close friends but felt I shouldn't give you away by tagging you.]

5 comments:

  1. What's the Goblin Version of LOTR then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snatch is a controversial film because it is so low in its subject matter and yet it is very clever in much of its dialogue and as a piece of film-making, it is technically very complex. Plus Wimbledon were the team I followed and Vinnie was one of them. A person can't be highbrow or even mediumbrow the whole time - one needs relief now and then.

    Ordo - the Goblin version is in Russian and uses street jargon as a dub. It takes the p-ss out of everything. For example, as they float down the river in boats and come near the giant statues, Aragorn says to the party: "There you go, our national heroes - Marx and Engels."

    That's a joke over there now. In the cave, Gandalf shouts at the Balrog Rammstein's words, to their music: "You have nothing." And so on.

    All the characters have their own names. For example, Aragorn is the Bomzh from Honduras, bomzh being a homeless person in Russia. Frodo becomes Feodor Sumkin, sumkin being a handbag and so on. The elf king is Agent Smith.

    The main humour though is in the guy's voice who does it - he's a very funny man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh a tag .... will have a bash later and let you know when its on my blog :o) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need you to visit and take care of my garden for me. It is in a bit of a mess at the moment.

    Must get onto this later today.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.