Friday, October 24, 2008

[blogspot lame] posting only at fifty percent power

For non-blogspot blogs, you might not be aware that for some days, Blogger has been partially down.

The trouble is that one can only post from the edit html mode, which is fine by me as I do that anyway but it has also restricted resizing of images and viewing in compose mode. Blogger's strange configuration also denies justifying text, whilst allowing italics.

Thus you were hit in the moosh by that large Palin photo in the last post and the tools are not currently operational to resize her downwards.

The situation is still not dire enough to revert to the Wordpress Nourishing Obscurity but if anything happens to Blogspot Nourishing Obscurity, that's where this blog will have gone.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't noticed Blogger behaving like that...

    I can edit my posts any which ways. But if I spend too working on my post it times out and won't upload. I have to save the code in notepad, log off, log on and then post! It always works first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James

    I haven't noticed anything but then I hardly post.

    Have you tried Microsoft Livewriter. I use it all the time. Compose off-line and then click "Publish" and lo and behold the post appears in Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to have been working on low batteries too. I seem to have missed the word long out of my previous entry!

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.