Saturday, May 17, 2008

[light blogging] and the case of the disappearing breakfast

Mine is meatier


Light blogging this morning, not for any "problematic" reasons but because I have five clients today - work goes on, even if other things don't. :)

Plan to blog later.

Of greater concern is that I lost my breakfast. True. I made it all right - just a sort of soupy thing with mince, buckwheat, cabbage and peppers in a tomato-ey sauce but it's tasty and I didn't want to lose it.

Went to the living room - nope, not there. Not in the kitchen, not in the hallway. Ah, I was absent minded, I thought - it'll be in the loo. Nope, not there.

Hmmm. I'll tell you if I ever find it. Plus the toast just burnt writing this and it's sitting there on the board now, black and fuming. I apologized to it.

Now where is that soupy thing?

13 comments:

  1. When I first read that you'd lost your breakfast I thought at first you meant you'd been ... erm ... ill, lol. But for it to disappear like that? That's strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I had Ginro's thought too for about half a second. The scissors and now this. Higham house haunted?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it, you know - it was hiding in the microwave where it had been warmed. It was yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I apologise to toast, sausages etc which i have burnt to blackness and beyond I'd lose my voice.

    I left something - can't remember what - and all I was left with were the glowing embers.

    Perhaps my brain is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As jmb said it does sound rather haunted or maybe you are just absent minded ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your choice of breakfast is rather odd. What's wrong with a full English?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm oven roasted bacon, grill tomatoes, french toast, copious amounts of hot coffee then again I'd rather like southern jam on toast LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That breakfast sure sounds good. I hope you`ve found it!

    tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to try and convince my daughter that the reason the sausages were always black was because pigs are black.

    "Well, they're not black inside! And how come the scrambled eggs are a strange colour too?"

    "Ahhh...well...ahhh..."

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mere fact you actually had to consider the toilet worries me a little.

    From blogging to eating. It sounds like you live in that one little room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, glad you found it! You had me worried there too for a minute, James.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Living in Asia, soup or something like that was very normal for breakfast. Cheap and nourishing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.