Thursday, April 10, 2008

[honest pollies] camel through a needle



Iain Dale refers to the latest U turn:

April 1
At his Downing Street news conference on 1 April, Mr Brown said: "I think President Sarkozy said himself that he expected Britain, because we are going to host the next Olympics, to be present at the Olympic ceremonies and I will certainly be there." (source BBC News)

April 9

Downing Street "confirms" Gordon Brown will not be attending the Olympics Opening Ceremony.


... and I ask myself whether it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a pollie to be honest and transparent.


3 comments:

  1. James I think it's best if you stick with the camels and the needles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just changing his mind is all, after his advisors pointed out the error of his ways.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.