Thursday, February 07, 2008

[pineapple politics] lite, trite or right


Which hits home more, this:
Once again, it is the way fresh fruit is presented here that has made my day. I have not seen pineapple cut quite like this anywhere else. [And again, they will do this for you in the simplest bar.]
or this:
The retired detective at the centre of the Sadiq Khan bugging case was bugged for months by fellow officers as part of a "witch-hunt" intended to stop him becoming a whistleblower, it has been claimed.

Former Detective Sergeant Mark Kearney, 49, was subjected to months of surveillance with his friend Sally Murrer, a local newspaper reporter, ostensibly because police suspected him of giving tip-offs on local crime stories.

But Mrs Murrer, 49, is convinced the huge police investigation, in which her car was bugged and secretly fitted with a tracking device, was a "smokescreen" to ensure Mr Kearney was discredited before he could go public with details of how he was ordered to bug the MP.

... or how about this?
Tsk, tsk, pushing Hillary on the little people to continue the policies of the Council on Foreign Relations, The Federal Reserve and the New World Order. Pres. Bill Clinton was a member of the CFR. The repeal of the Glass Steagall Act of 1933, NAFTA, and the China Trade Agreement were in the best interests of the elitist. And due to Clinton's policies, we, the little people are being robbed with the contrived subprime mortgage, credit crunch, and inflation to steal the wealth of the middle class by the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs.....
And there is a debate right now between Guido, Samisdata and Tiberius:
Where I concede is that Paul Staines is right: there is a separation between Paul and Guido, between the person and the blog persona. Perhaps because this blog is so much the creation of my personal whim and not of any attempt to create a persona, that means that I underestimated that.
Political blogs who take themselves very, very seriously abound but ultimately it's a small pool in comparison to the general populace out there. I agree with numbers 2-4 above as I've a political mind but not exclusively political and I'd argue that the all-consuming politblogger who likes nothing better than velociraptor debate would scathingly view someone speaking of how pineapple was presented as trite and insignificant.

There is a huge pool of people out there for whom a constant diet of daily politics is as interesting as intestinal worms. This blog's readers come from different walks of life and different persuasions. Does that make them trite, as our Velociraptor Anonymous says:
There is no debate worthy of the name on your blog, merely pre-arranged visits to generate stats, and stupid banal comments ... Even the debate by your friends, when they can be bothered, is contrived, at best. You may want to run a hierarchical system based on whether some one is certified. Many of your bloggers should be!
Easy to rage over issues on which we're largely agreed and where our pool of blogfriends equally rage to each other and everyone's happy. Except it's not about raging to each other - it's about presenting the message to a pool of non-politicos who are not interested, who have their own agendas, including pineapple and who have their own lives.

The way pineapple is presented is an aspect of living which comes under the heading of "taste" and "rising above the banal", equally important issues in today's tendency to mediocrity. All right, police corruption is a major issue. So how should a blogger get that message across to people out there who have a life, how to get them interested in corrupt politicians or how dire Clinton and the CFR really are?

Firstly, in small doses, without the stridency which I've been equally guilty of falling into. Secondly, realizing that the pool of non-politically thinking people is not certifiable but actually amenable to an idea if it's presented understandably and with respect for the reasoning ability of the reader. The commenter who shows not a great deal of understanding of an issue has simply shown he's not au fait with the issue. OK, so the blogger has to do better next time.

The Case for Slowly Educating

Education doesn't have to mean some sort of nazi force-feeding of names and statistics and resorting to insults when the other doesn't go along with you.

Instead, it's a war of attrition, an education process where most people will listen or internalize if it's presented the right way in the first place. The onus is on the presenter to interest the reader - not that of the reader to knuckle down and start howling with rage.

I howl with rage myself because I've read the material and followed the links but that's no guarantee anyone else is going to be equally upset. You write:
I've given you so many pointers to serious aspects, it just beggars belief that you missed them all.
Who says I've missed them? Who says that readers didn't click on those links, follow some of them, read them and note them at the back of the mind? Just because an army of non-political readers don't take up the cudgels and storm the ramparts, a la Rik Mayall the urban guerilla, doesn't mean it didn't register.

The Brit in particular is attuned to passive resistance and cold shouldering. It's more the Italian who's into the impassioned debate. Your links, Anonymous, are invaluable and I'd suggest that many people for whom Mark Kearney or Hutton are not household words are now cognisant of them.

Then you go and say:
Carry on thinking with your balls, James. You'll get some nooky in the end.
... and all the good work you've done disintegrates because who's going to take anything you say seriously after that? There's a place for your style, even here but there's also a place for "steady as she goes", which is the style more favoured by the great silent majority out there.

The Case for Pineapple

There are some very nasty people out there who are hellbent not just on enslaving society in the next few years but on defining the agenda in dire terms. Therefore everyone must be in the same dire frame of mind, no one is allowed to enjoy life any more for its own sake.

Those exposing this are equally sucked into a dire life on the edge and pleasure simply ceases, to be replaced by endless outrage at how terrible life has been made by the animals up top. I'd argue that the question of how pineapple is cut is vital to concern ourselves with because it thumbs its nose at the opposed agenda and says, 'Hey, this life is to be enjoyed, not bemoaned.'

The Case for Bollocks

I have two choices. I can either spend my life writing tomes of anti-cabal literature, raging against the state 24/7 or else I can spend some time enjoying nooky with my girlfriend, spend some time appreciating beauty and spend some time presenting anti-cabal articles.

19 comments:

  1. Well, if I'm honest I'd say I was more interested in the pineapple myself.

    I'm not a huge political reader. I find it all quite hard to follow sometimes.

    I like the wee bitesize posts you have. They're a lot easier to digest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for the nookie. You can always do the posts tomorrow.

    Oh and small to medium posts are better than war and peace, the expanded version. Have you considered splitting them into chunks we can digest and come back for another sitting? I like reading posts like that than having to stop to digest chunks from the web. Ok in book form but this medium doens't really support that.

    Seriously though. Nookie. Get your priorities right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. For some reason I like your longer posts even though I prefer to write short posts.

    You're right people need to take breaks from things like politics.

    Nookie and food are both great. Not sure which one I prefer though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's only by broadcasting again, and again, and again, do people get to understand.
    That's how the elite party works.
    I gotta say though, they do beat me for subtlety, and that's the understatement of the year.


    Gee, an entire post dedicated to.....

    Wolfie, in my opinion, my manners are perfect.

    But that's my opinion, and perhaps it doesn't impress you.

    A mutual feeling, which you may like to correct?

    ReplyDelete
  5. An appropriate response, James.

    Therfore, no need to waste words about manners, vocabulary and style.

    One tiny dot, though, anonymous: I do appreciate all links being offered, visit, read and bookmark them.

    So, why not letting the corners of your mouth start an expedition to the ear-lobes, for a change. You need not even descending to the darkest room in your cellar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll settle for pineapple and nooky, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. James, I've thought.

    I'd be astonished at myself if I wasn't astonished at your reply.

    Taking the time to...

    I'd have hovered near the....

    kudos buddy.

    Sean.
    Thanks for looking and booking.

    Reference the cellar.
    I have children and grandchildren, and I care what, and worry about, and get intensely angry about....
    and seek an escape from....and will incessantly point the accusing finger at... and seek to expose those...

    BUT, don't patronise, I'll take no words about manners, or style, - save them for similar condemnations and exposure of those I seek to draw attention to.

    I do like your style though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous,
    - what a pity I can't address you by any :) name -,
    thanks for your words, especially for the 'public smile'. :)
    No, trying to patronize is far from me. Why would I bother a 'verbal clinch' between James and you, then, and when 'an anonymous' is pouring scron on Wolfie? Both are able to deal with.

    You were unfair towards James and - en passant - towards almost everybody around here.
    Even when being impatient, angry one should try to tame one's tongue repectively fingers. And, having been deeply impressed and influenced by one of the first English words I learned as a little boy, fair(ness) is one of my favourite virtues, since.

    Be sure I know how easy it is to hurt by but a few words.
    They hurt when sitting vis-a-vis, and the more when being spoken/written coram publico.

    Anon, you can be sure that quite few people do worry, are trying to 'connect the dots', are pondering how the being together on this planet could be changed for the better. It's unfortunately difficult, but why not beginning in one's own environment?

    Imagine the centre forward swearing, because the clumsy fullback did not pass him the ball, and the fullback showing him an erecting middle finger, both exchanging four-letter-words and other pleasantries - and their team is reduced to nine players.

    So, could we agree that neither the Maradonnas in our 'blogo-team' don't swear at those they consider a bit clumsy? After all, we are a team, aren't we? :)

    Hope I could make my standpoint clear, despite of my clumsy English. :)
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, thank you for the link - what a surprise! Pineapple and nookie for me, as you know and I earlier said in my reply to your comment chez moi that I think the Itals are able to put up with their hopeless governments and all the rest of it precisely because they take pleasure in the small things and in making something perfect out of the most mundane task.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sean.
    I told you I wouldn't take patronising, and I won't.

    I don't play football!

    Take the energy involved and redirect it.

    On a point of detail.
    Wolfit linked to a huge PDF, that I have linked to before.
    Do you think that impressed me?
    It was a poorly written product which since publication, has large areas that are now, caused by recent events, out of date.
    Large sections are simply not true, given what we know to be happening, both behind the scenes, and in the public spotlight.
    Do you think that impressed me?
    Then he had the insolence to demand that I impress him!!!
    Do you think that impressed me?

    Before you go blaming me for "an Attitude", you should maybe be more aware of the details.

    There is a 2 tier system going on here.

    Certified bloggers are allowed to deliver whatever insults they wish, so long as they do it with finesse.

    None certified bloggers get their answers deleted!

    certified bloggers can claim they don't lower themselves to speak to uncertified bloggers, but then proceed to deliver insults.

    Uncertified bloggers get their answers deleted.

    Fair(ness)????

    You may think you are pouring oil on troubled waters, but once again, you can't know the details!

    Oh, stuff the fucking lot of you.

    I'll take my comments elswhere.

    Wolfie, up yours, sideways.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anon,
    don't know what to say:

    All I intended was, to explain why I wrote the earlier comment and, mainly, to plea für einen freundlicheren Umgangston / for a friendlier conversation (?).
    No more, no less.

    And I meant all of us.
    A pity if I could not make this understandable.
    The Peace of the Night.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've sat back and watched this for some time.

    Anon. - you are correct. the vast majority of the contributions of substance have been by anon.
    You asked for debate.
    Wolfie said there was nothing to debate.
    That spells out wolfies mind set.
    What is missing in all these pages is something that certified bloggers always miss, the addition of concurring comments, more links to useful information, stuff that creates synergies.
    They won't do this because it detracts from their own site, - they will limit their comments to banalities, as you rightly say.
    As if that would encourage anyone to visit their site.
    But any site that relies on visits from other bloggers, to the extent that this one does, will fail. False agreements of support will fail in the real world.

    Concerning the battle with the cabals, as James calls it.

    They will win.

    They will win because their attack takes so many different forms and disguises. As many as they are, they can be divided into two main methods.
    Political.
    Financial.
    Where the dividing line is drawn is hazy, and this is the mistake that many of James' political bloggers make, - they don't embrace finance/economics.
    The post by an anon concerning Gilead Sciences and vaccines was a very good example of that. Also the brief comment on Soros in SE Asia.
    I don't know whether these were recognised as being significant, but they were by me.
    These cabals make their money in various ways, and it seems money is one of the entry cards to their membership circles, the other being a corruptible promising politician, who will be rewarded later, as we discover with Blair, (may he rest in hell)

    If one wishes to expose the puppeteers, one must encompass both politics and finance/economics.
    Many times astute investing can ADD economic value, and everyone benefits. These people don't care.
    If you contrast Greespans public speeches before his Fed appointment with those made after his Fed appointment, you will see that he was a worthy recruit to the ranks of the corrupt. The cabal members, on balance, given their power and current legislation at national and international levels (WTO, UN, IMF, BIS, etc) find it many times more remunerative to invest in such a way as to expropriate wealth from others.
    Greenspans constant pressure for the repeal of the GS legislation, the deliberate creation of serial bubbles, the constant deliberate promotion for the globalisation of junk financial instruments all speak of his utter corruption at the hands of the cabals.
    But there is so much more behind all this, and it would take far more than a few words to explain, let alone for disinterested voyeurs (as I think you view commenters, and as James has admitted) to understand.
    And understand they should, since it is their future, and that of their progeny, that is currently tied to the stake.
    But they have a life to live.
    I hope they enjoy it, their progeny will not.

    I support your words
    I withdraw my presence and support from this blog.
    I doubt you or I will find a blog that contains my above mentioned curriculum, but one can't function in an atmosphere deprived of oxygen.
    James.
    Your fellow bloggers have succeeded in their intent.
    The main contributers are exiting. That is a micro-example of cabal investing, - no one benefits!
    Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you need to mix political writing with general news, as you do, and me too.
    I think I saw that pineapple on Welshcakes' site, two great minds, hey?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good thoughts here, people. My pleasure, Anon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What actually is a 'certified' blogger? And how do they differ from all of us seemingly uncertified bloggers?

    I've seen it mentioned quite a lot here but no clue to what it is exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopefully "non-banal" reply coming later today, Simon and Anon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. James,

    I'm regularly logging in, just it's router and anonymous ip these days so you do not just have official (or whomever) bloggers on your site you do have others consistently, like me, reading - a big difference.

    Re 'Hopefully "non-banal" reply coming later today, Simon and Anon'.

    I await with interest and say to them both, Anon, I too have followed everything you have written and followed up the links, so you may be preaching to... but I then preach, little and often to others.

    Simon, it strikes me that, like Anon you have valid info so instead of both of you doing a binary throwing of toys out of the pram, please recognise that I, and no doubt others, relish and follow up, your comments, as we do James' links on his longer posts.

    I for one do not want to go searching elsewhere to find your contributions to the debate (I noticed neither of you said where) and personally think you should continue to use a recognised outlet even if you do not like other contributors to said debate; that's no fault of James.

    Maybe it's Saturday afternoon and we all want to loose off but James is doing a good job of explaining, almost prosetylising, the alternative. You should not IMHO go elsewhere when you have an appreciative audience here.

    By all means repeat your posts elsewhere but remember it was here that you first got prominence and why you got that in the first place.

    I for one hope you both continue here and expand your thoughts here and in other places.

    STB.

    ReplyDelete
  18. To Simon and Anon, going elsewhere to the converted is an incestuous activity. Heed ScotsToryB.

    Here you reach the ordinarily unreachable and you're not goig to get the sort of "debate" you envisage but I know people are clicking on those posts in which you comment.

    So why all the angst? And just becasue I'm slow, doesn't mean I'm not going to.

    It matters little if it's done today or in two weeks, as long as it's done.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.