Thursday, January 24, 2008

[danger day] moan, moan, moan

Would you buy a tin of baked beans labelled "fancy grade"? Seems a bit suss to me.

It started with a cancellation from my mate who always visits Thursday morning for a dose of my Higham Chunky Chicken Soup. Apparently there was total gridlock on the roads in the 48 hours of snow blizzards and drifts we've been having [and it's still going out there].

Then came two more cancellations and my chum told me all of his had cancelled today. Then our water went off completely. Not a drop. Then came the first internet problem. Then came the Fancy Grade baked beans episode [best left unexplained].

I also ran into a huge plot problem in Chapter 10 of the rewriting of Obsession and still haven't solved it.

Now the lovely and talented 18 and 19 year old sisters I've told you about before, who usually grace my humble home for a few hours on a Thursday evening - they've just phoned and cancelled. I'm not a Happy Higham.

Tomorrow will be better though - it just feels that way, you know and outside it's winter wonderland with snow on the windowsills and little birds perching here as well.

5 comments:

  1. Aah, there, there. If it's any comfort, my timetable over at the school changes minute to minute, with students postponing or changing the hours and then people just come in off the street wanting a lesson "because I've got an exam tomorrow" . It's always third conditional or reported speech they want you to work a miracle on with no preparation. Do tell us about the beans! Buona serata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad luck mate. If only the sisters had made it to your place then been trapped.

    Such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you would post photos for us James of your glorious Russian winter scenes.
    Now I have a craving for chunky chicken soup! Are we going to get the recipe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welsh, Bag - thanks.

    Uber - funny you should say that but I don't have a camera because I gave mine to my ex-girlfriend and my best mate tells me to get one and cpture this stuff before it disappears. I think I shall buy one and then post some.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.