Tuesday, November 07, 2006

[writing] feeding the blogmonster

DK said it long ago: In that time, I have seen good new blogs flare up, burn brightly and then die after only a few months; some because their writers found that they had said everything that they wanted to say, some because of time pressures and some because of official or family pressure. There are sometimes those who pop up again in a different guise, but they rarely last for long. Lady Ellee, of Ely, said: I am too tired to blog tonight and have lots of studying to do for my PR diploma course on Saturday, I am way behind thanks to blogging. Deogolwulf said: My boss, however, has begun to notice my less than enthusiastic undertaking of the job for which I am employed, and has understandably suggested that I stay offline. AJD said: Took some time off blogging - life got too complicated. Basically, either you’re a professional and blogging fits into your micro-economic plan or else you’re an amateur, like me and the stresses are enormous to keep the blogmonster fed and take care of your other life. Something has to give. Even my Minister, in a veiled criticism, said, ‘You’re quite attached to that webpage, aren’t you?’ Attached? As in a narcotic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.