Friday, September 22, 2006

[new university] how not to give a speech

It’s never boring here. 15:00, they told me, main building. Parked the weather-beaten machine and headed for the cafeteria. Just about to take a bite when some woman tells me to go to the conference hall, hadn’t even started the coffee. Suddenly the Rektor sees me and tells me to stay beside him. Er – all right. He introduces me to about eight men in suits and suddenly four of us are on stage and the two beside me I don’t know from Adam. As they give speeches, it seems one is the Minister for Education and Science and the other the Prime Minister. Some girl brings tea and spills it over the MforE&S but it doesn’t matter because it’s his turn to speak anyway. More here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.