Monday, May 29, 2023

Monday [11 to 14]

(0930) Covfefe. (0942)

14.  Not one more penny for the RNLI


13.  Lord T


12.  TCW today

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/fight-this-sinister-power-grab-by-the-unelected-unaccountable-who/

11. Laura Dodsworth


How disappointing that just as I have a Road to Damascus moment I find that the Church of England has had a Road to Davos moment.

But the Church of England has a Net Zero obsession. In fact, it’s debatable from its website whether it worships God or Zero. Zero takes off in the public imagination because it is a godlike number, or rather non-number. It is a picture of eternity, a circle like the universe. It is mystery, nothingness, the void, unquantifiable. The ultimate emptiness is zero. Should humans ever strive towards zero?

4 comments:

  1. And let's have some real news: Today is apparently international biscuit day. I shall be celebrating with a double allowance of Custard Creams! (Sorry I'm a bit out of things after a week in the frozen wastes of North Scotland with no data signal - yes it was bloody cold the first few days)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outrageous! "Zero" is a Hindu concept and has no business in the C of E. We shall now sing Psalm 100.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve

    More from TCW:

    Is it time to put a brake on technology?

    https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/is-it-time-to-put-a-brake-on-technology/

    and by golly TDS:

    Is BBC Verify Britain’s Answer to the Disinformation Governance Board?

    https://dailysceptic.org/2023/05/29/is-bbc-verify-britains-answer-to-the-disinformation-governance-board/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woodsy!
    Had you informed us it was International Biscuit Day sooner I would have sent you and the rest of the folks here tins full of various homemade cookies, errrr…biscuits I enjoy baking for my family and pals! Presently, custard creams is not among my list. By next year certainly I can come up with a recipe that might suit. I make custard so that is a step in the process.

    I will mosey on off in my flip flops and seersucker outfit and look for a good custard cream recipe!

    Oh! AND for me, every day is International Biscuit Day!




    Perhaps next year! .

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.