Friday, March 24, 2023

Edgy

An issue I have, not major but occasional, is that some songs fall within that range of epic, iconic, something just that bit more than the ordinary and a whole nation loves it and sings it ... and I wonder why if they've seen the MTV "official" video. 

An example is New Order's Temptation where that girl shoplifts, another was earlier today ... I want to break free ... another here:


My mate and I were talking about this ... how we don't have to like the genre ... he said that he either likes a song or not. Sometimes it's outside his beloved metal (his fave just now is Within Temptation) and I was saying that I can't stand when the lead singer is some screaming girly man, a wannabe goth deathshead skull drinker ... same with freaks like Bowie and Mercury ... can't stand even thinking about their lifestyle and as for their Jagger type posing and strutting ... hand me a paper bag.

My view was that if it's going to be a girly would be tough man, then at least make it a real girl ... or else go the other way, like Rammstein, and make it an unmistakable man.  My mate laughed.  One band I'm looking at more of is Steve's:


Can't help suspecting, with those hips and A cups, that it's a tranny, which would ruin it, but indications are she is actually a girl ... the babies seem to testify to that. My WN2 had narrowish hips, so ok, say no more.

One who always worried me was Steve Harley who did the whole camp thing without being gay or even bi ... he got into the whole arrogance of the gay scene, the vicious, scratch yer little eyes out thing ... and yet I'm pretty certain he was sexually unperverted.  Then again, I did don a tutu once in a play and was Mrs. Caesar in another.  Even did a Harry and once played Mr. Hilter. Pot, kettle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.