Friday, May 13, 2022

Paraskevidekatriaphilia Day [1 to 4]

May it be lucky for you.

4.  Vaxxed pilots


“I will probably never fly again,” Snow said in a video he made about his story. “I was hoping to teach my daughter to fly. She wants to be a pilot. That will probably never happen, all courtesy of the vaccine.”

Snow is one of a growing number of pilots coming forward to share stories of injuries they experienced after getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Some of these accounts are “hair-raising and deeply disturbing,” according to Maureen Steele, a paralegal and head of media relations for the John Pierce Law Firm.


The firm represents U.S. Freedom Flyers (USFF), an organization opposing vaccine and mask mandates for pilots and airline staff, in a series of legal actions against the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and several airlines.

Josh Yoder, a pilot with a major commercial airline, Army combat veteran and former flight medic, is a co-founder of USFF.

In a recent interview with The Defender, Yoder said the FAA has been aware of cases of pilots suffering vaccine injuries since at least December 2021, when the California-based Advocates for Citizens’ Rights hand-delivered an open letter to the FAA, major airlines and their insurers.
What's your current attitude towards flying?

3.  Fish don't wear masks


[Nor ride bicycles I suppose.]

2.  Places to visit


I only heard about the Chateau de Sourches last week, from a friend in the village.   They cultivate a "conservatoire de pivoines", that is a collection/library of peonys.   They are only about half an hour from us, and the plants are in flower now.   We went to take a look.

pete:

We went to see the four acre Wollerton Old Hall Garden in Shropshire several years ago 


(best one I've seen so far..) 

1 comment:

  1. I last flew (to Pisa) in 1998 (pre-euro) and coped with being cooped in a metal tube well enough, but don't know if I could do it for the time needed to travel long haul. I always preferred ferries to the tunnel too. I think I saw the best of (parts of) europe which seem to have gone downhill since. In any case, since 911, the security & queues seem to have grown unacceptably, and after covid, few countries would let me in w/o the jabs. There are too many places in the UK I still have to visit or return to, probably driving there (while we're still allowed!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.