Saturday, December 04, 2021

Saturday [6]

6.  DAD has a piece up [among others] at t'other place

Italy – The Court of Cassation has validated the seizure of the vessel Mare Jonio, the main vessel used by the Italian NGO Mediterranea Saving Humans, ordered by the prosecutor’s office in Ragusa.

The seizure, validated by the Ragusa court on March 26, took place in the context of proceedings initiated by the public prosecutor for the offenses of complicity in illegal immigration and violation of the rules of the navigation code. 

These offenses were committed in the context of the transshipment on the ship “Mare Jonio” and the subsequent disembarkation, which took place in the port of Pozzallo between September 11 and 12, 2020, of 27 illegal migrants rescued at sea 38 days more early by the Danish flagged tanker “Maersk Etienne”.

https://www.fdesouche.com/2021/12/03/italie-la-justice-valide-la-saisie-dun-navire-dong-pro-migrants-pour-complicite-a-limmigration-clandestine-et-violation-du-code-de-la-navigation/

This map is not clear on the blog, so let me mention some places on it:



Over to our right [east] is Pozzallo, the beach and town mentioned in the item above.  The almost southernmost part of the coastline there is where we went and sat out on rocks [teal colour, not pink] and from there, one could see the beach at Sampieri.  If you went the same distance west, you'd be at the cave of the contrabandi, which is self-explanatory.

So the uses the coastline were put to, historically, are fairly clear.  I've thought for years now that the major issue with the flooding in was on Lampedusa but it seems it was here too.  Below, you see where we were top right of the map:


Now, the issue is our politics.  Where we speak of 'flooding', 'being overrun', 'swamped', where we speak of the 'great replacement' ... the other side of the high wall between us speaks of where the 'refugees' will be 'housed' and when it came to a particular incident years ago where a crowd of them filled a church one night and attacked the clergy who'd let them in, as is their wont anywhere they are allowed in, the choice of thing to comment on, plus the language used, was vastly different.

You see, I'd been given succour in the same way that these from Africa had, so I'm on shaky ground here.  I was looking to stay as well, work, do the things people do but for various reasons came home and here I am now.

Fresh in my mind was the one I've posted on before where in the town I was in in Russia, there's a summer resort where locals go on the Volga, only this year it was not to be - the whole resort had been taken over to house young immigrants from one of those places - Somalia, Libya, wherever.  Everyone who'd booked at the resort had to go elsewhere.

Within two days, there were attacks and rapes - it got so bad that it was cut short and they were bundled back to their homeland.  The Russians don't muck around in such matters.  Now I'm certain that my friend would see me as some sort of ungrateful monster, full of hate, yet I can only observe what I observe.  

Would I open my home for her, should she be in need?  Absolutely, such as this abode is.  Would I for a chap at my local shop who is Sri Lankan?  Yes, except he has many places to go.  Would I for the known troublespots?  No way - am I insane?

Now is this choice based on colour or creed?  No, it's based on safety and on the safety of anyone in the town.  I hear this bollox about they need to be educated in the way we do things. BS!  They are this character and that's that.  I'd be just as careful with someone from Romania or any Euro-immigrant until it was known where from and why.  He or she would need to be vouched for.  I apply the rule to myself too - you'd need to know my track record.

There was an episode of Bergerac I've written about before in which a South African terrorist hunter arrived and was given a hard time by the police [Bergerac].  This hunter was tracking down a known terrorist, mass murderer, same as Mandela, and it was known to us, the viewers, that the terrorist was being hidden by a well meaning lady of a leftist bent in her own home.

Well, you know what happened - yep, he attacked her, was about to kill her and only Bergerac saved her.  What was the terrorist hunter's crime?  His provocative language about the Mandela type.  As it's a drama, he ends up being killed in a shootout, whereas in reality, he'd have returned to South Africa, job done.

Now, did the lady learn from the experience?  Hollow laugh.  Did she heck.  She remained in her narrative, ignoring people's behaviour as a significant factor in decisions about them.

That and sheer numbers, plus the way they get in. There's a criminal woman running one of those boats for illegals, she was arrested under Salvini - the rest you know, released with a grin by a judge, making a fortune from the whole trade, backhanders to the judiciary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.