Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Dangerous Davies

 



From the reviews:

Brilliant film. Love it. Definitely NOT dated - except that there's no swearing or sex. If the lack of these dates a film then perhaps you can call it dated but then in that case I'd call that a major advantage, because this one needs none of that. It's a story of a old unsolved murder, and a much maligned detective who is generally treated like rubbish but who comes through in the end. 

For any of us who struggle for what we think is right but only get stomped on or ignored or ridiculed, this is a wonderful film.

Bernard Cribbins is perfect casting. Anyone else would have made a hash of it. You need vulnerability for this role and he literally oozes vulnerability. Yet he knows that a young girls disappearance is really her murder and if the crime is 15 years old, that doesn't change anything. People are important - even 15 years later. Something that many mothers and fathers of missing children certainly know.

I'd like to think that there are people out there like Dangerous Davies doing their best against the odds. I'm not so sure of it though. But while this film exists it gives you hope.

3 comments:

  1. That was my dog that starred in that film, a much better version than the Peter Davidson one that followed.
    I had nothing to do with his part in it as I did not have the time but they wanted a big hairy dog that was trained and he was as good as it came, sadly a few better bits were cut for the final edit.
    Casey was extremely car protective and that little car became his, only Bernard Cribbins could go near it, which was just as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing. As for the film, never saw it till now, it is soooo good, BC and Bill Maynard are great. I'm minutes from the end, BC is reading Dudley's letter, so we know who it was. What a great film. Love your dog too!

      Film's finished. Ha ha, that last second with Casey!

      Delete
  2. I only watched these because of the dog. I wanted one of those since I was 11 years old and first saw the paint advert. I got my first one as soon as I married and had a home of my own. We're on our eighth and ninth now. Bert and Gert. Best breed of dog in the world, bar none. Gentle giants.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.