Friday, July 23, 2021

Friday [10 to 12]

Coming back to dull ole reality for a moment - there's a chance, not a large one, that we may be evacuated here and that stops blogging perhaps for the weekend - keeping my eye on them and what they do.  They love overkill and their eyes are on here right now.

11.  There's a feeling I get

... when I look to the west and my spirit is crying for leaving. In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees and the voices of those who stand looking.  That's you.  And it makes me wonder.

Let me start that again.  There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west, especially today.  The very idea of the rain ending the heatwave set the tone, then the songs continued the notion of things ending the way they were - the end of CCR was ominous.

In a less gloomy way, yesterday from memory, I went in to see my fave sailing pair - one of the few I care for - and stoopid me had to start something after their intro:



However, we all happen to know it's not their last because they posted one weeks ago of a bright, bouncing baby which sort of wrecked the chronology - that was in real time and all three were doing well. But it did seem when this YT was made - May, 2020, that it might be the end. And of course, Covid and the scam was raging and is still raging today.

So it was probably churlish of me to write:


It concluded:

Oh and this is the video.  Now I shall write a second, more gracious comment at the point this circulatory problem today eases off.  It was this day four years ago I had my heart attack - my feeling is the next one may well be a stroke.

Meanwhile, Andy sets the tone:
Down here in Hertfordshire it's a very oppressive atmosphere, one of those days it's difficult to get a good breath, even thinking of opening the fridge door turns the milk.
And of course, you knew I had to add this song, did you not?  :)

10.  Gotta hand it to the French [DR by the way] 

... they do revolutions well:

https://twitter.com/Arwenstar/status/1418562628335673351

François Asselineau at the vax pass protest yesterday:

"We are all against the vax pass whether we’re on the right, left, there is no political party—there is only the French people standing & fighting for freedom!"

#NonAuPasseDeLaHontepic.

twitter.com/zElKgCHWbw

3 comments:

  1. In non-music videos, the background music is mixed too high 90 percent of the time.

    The music choice can be ignored if mixed right, but the volume compounds the crime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A musical offering from me

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSZKDdH_t4A

    And has anyone noticed this?

    https://twitter.com/garethicke/status/1418460954371805185

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.