Tuesday, June 15, 2021

The art of staying sane

This post is about our own peace of mind, sanity, making sure we're ok before dealing with the bstds who are going down soon.  I envisage a mass gibbet on Tyburn Hill and batches of SAGE crims plus pollies plus all the rest of them led out to get the drop. Blair and May.

But first I must mention something from my headmastering days - 

1.  It's essential to compartmentalise time and mood in the head.  If it seems as if I am 24/7 thinking about all the things in our links - nope, I'm not. I for one am able to shut things out of mind and so instead, I've just been bopping around the room with nifty dance moves [for me] to the first song "Woman" and then the one soon after 25:18.  

I'm not suggesting it's your music - some of you like your metal but I'd suggest that harsh discordant and thumping just prolongs the angry mood.  Maybe not, maybe it soothes you.  And I put some Haydn up for those who are soothed by that.  

Me?  I have to be up and moving. [First song plus after 25:18]


2.  Breathing from diaphragm, not upper chest is not stating the bleedin' obvious, it's critical.  Steady water intake. Nutrients of the real kind.  Walking to the shops, getting that D3.  Not teaching grandmothers to suck eggs here - sometimes we just have to stop and take stock.  These bstds want us as quivering messes - I flatly refuse!

At this second I have no anger - artificially.  I looked at Ripper's opening part of the clip on perma-lockdown, took in three seconds of that SAGE woman and clicked out.  Also that stupid load of loons in the red capes [Spanish Inquisition].  Could not be bothered.  Nor with Johnson.

Sure I'll quickly look and get a notion of what it is, then click out and go and do chores or have fun.

3.  In short, I'm suggesting you be careful looking at this site - maybe you should be more circumspect, especially if you find yourself more easily getting upset.  There are also good things here - a certain cameraderie and non-polit posts so the trick is scroll down the links, choose a couple to glance at, then get out to a fun post or someone's site with memes, whatever - not letting the bstds get to you.

Remember - anger eats us up and I knew I had to stop it - their whole agenda, the tossers, is to ramp it up to break us down.  Everyone has his or her own way of avoiding the horror once we acknowledge it's certainly there. Not suggesting heads in the sand nor three wise monkeys at all, just that you need to mete out how much horror you will allow yourself for one day.

Remember - soon we'll need to be in good fighting condition, we have to deal with that now.

5 comments:

  1. A bit of Pooh wisdom.

    "Christopher Robin came down from the Forest feeling all sunny and careless, and just as if twice nineteen didn't matter a bit, and he thought that if he stood on the bridge and watched the river, he would know everything that there was to be known." ~A.A.Milne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fighting fit? I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Maybe I'm not sick but I'm certainly tired. Just a few years ago I would carry logs the size of a telegraph pole home for the fire. This afternoon some chaps started cutting down a sycamore outside. I could barely manage the smaller pieces they left for me. I should need your advice and get more exercise, get the blood circulating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too much straight away. I was heaving 8 x 4 three quarter ply sheets reasonably pre-2017, now struggling with half that. Slow build, backed by fluid intake, breathing, solid food. Slow build. They are not going to win this. We are.

      Delete
  3. I sometimes have to carry 2m x 500 x 6mm steel plates at work that weigh 28kg so I'm ok at the moment with 8x4 ply - until the wind gets it.. heavy is fine, bulky I struggle with.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.