Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Pastor John

A message arrived from Ubermouth which didn’t quite understand what this blog was about, nor what I myself could do.  However, we have a broad range of readers and I’d estimate the demographics this way.

Vast majority are from Britain and North America, by a long way, then other Commonwealth and European countries, inc. Russia, then a smattering from other places.  Politically, all sorts, inc. hostiles and those monitoring us, mostly friendlies.  Religiously, about a quarter, I’d say, might have a denominational affiliation with Christianity - genuine believers, not just those adorned with the trappings.

I’d estimate about the same number are actively anti-Christian due to either being pagan or having had bad experiences with priests and nuns or whatever, then about half are in that nebulous middling rationalist, science is everything, humanistic area.  

This blog is primarily political but there’s a curious thing I saw about nine years ago, not here but at OoL.  I quoted Ephesians 6:12 and it set a fellow blogger off apoplectically, accusing me of ‘proselytising’. Quite weird.  Nothing against the notion of proselytising, mind you, but it was so palpably not what I do on blogs and he was so OTT in his detestation, it really was not unlike the Marxists and globalists. One assumption was that I know the bible and can quote from it at random.  

Actually, I can’t, I need to ask and so I’m asking readers for verses appropriate for a pastor in a hospice now in Toronto, 54, apparently very ill, younger brother of Ubermouth, chap’s been doing Father Brown type mission work on the streets of Toronto for years, known as Pastor John to all and sundry ... I’m looking for verses which sum up a number of things.

Firstly, that anything’s possible with our Maker for those who believe it’s possible, even miracles, that that Maker has his own ideas on a person’s mission, when and how he’s needed, when it’s time to depart and meet Him, finding rest, that if recovery is the best thing for the person for now, it will happen, that if it’s time, he will not be alone and abandoned on earth nor in heaven.  In short, if he believes that he’ll be looked after one way or the other ... then he will be.

Meanwhile, those readers who do believe, and maybe some others who don’t as well, please put in a prayer that Pastor John recovers, always bearing in mind the previous paragraph.  And if the pastor himself believes that if two or more are gathered in his Maker’s name, maybe even a few thousand people, if he believes there is power in that joint prayer - then there is power in it.  Very simple principle.

Meanwhile, for others not wanting anything to do with any of this, kindly skip over this post, there’ll be another at 5 a.m. our time, quoting John Ward of The Slog.  Oh, needless to say, a few prayers Uber’s way for her comfort too, 3000 miles away under lockdown and unable to get to her brother to help.  To those who will do this, bless you.

6 comments:

  1. I am happy and privileged to join in praying for Father John, to help with creating the critical mass which can alter all things.

    I have see. ubermouth here and there on blogs I visit. I will also pray for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much James.
    And thank you Andy.(I am a lady btw).
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toodles.

    Prayers for your brother and your family too who must be very concerned. I am sorry to hear of his situation and for you, his sister, not being allowed to visit because of covid rules. Very difficult times in the world during his time of need.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Toodles, that's very kind of you.I never truly knew heartbreak until now,I just thought I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't say why but anyone reading this thread - there are reasons for me to say that Uber herself can do with your prayers right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adding to the critical mass (nice to be reminded of that Andy, thanks)

    Matthew 7 v 7 seems appropriate to me.

    "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.