Thursday, July 09, 2009

[five things] which make you happy


This was much tougher to compile than I expected. The idea is to limit yourself to five points and list those things which make you the happiest at any given time.

My list:

1. When a plan comes together, meeting a target, finding a blank space in the diary and reading a good book;

2. Sailing, skiing or walking in the forest, feeling on top of the world, making someone happy;

3. Lovely meal and wine with convivial company, especially with a lady who doesn’t mind my BS, having a good laugh;

4. Snow, rain or any unusual conditions, especially wild storms;

5. Seeing bad things overcome such as destructive people or debilitating illness, seeing muscle beginning to replace fat, getting stronger through diet and exercise, whatever.

Could you list yours under five headings?
.

11 comments:

  1. Will be back for this one, have to tend to the guests. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No 4 - I love ALL types of weather (I don't know why but there it is).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I understand why you are not teaching Maths. There is a lot more than five things there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. My dog.
    2. Being in Italy.
    3. Cooking a new dish that works.
    4. Being in contact with friends via internet.
    5. Cities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listening to Fats Waller.
    Listening to Mozart.
    Cycling on a mild, sunny day.
    Coming up with an apt name for something.
    Getting the maths out.

    I'd need another five for activities involving other people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, I'll follow suit with breaking the rules; rules are, after all, only as good as they are useful! ;)



    1. rainy afternoons, warm fire, hot cup of tea, comfortable chair, good book

    2.Snowshoeing out into a forest then stopping for a moment to listen to the quiet, walking along the beach, exploring tidepools,
    out in a boat on a mountain lake, weather of extreme kinds so long as I'm not bivouacked

    3. good friends, good music, good craic, good beer/wine, good food-- best if experienced all together at one time

    4. the innocent laughter of children, the confidence of a friend, helping someone in need, having my family around me, having quiet time to create/write

    5.I'm focusing on what I have rather than what I don't have, Being grateful that I'm alive and walking/talking
    (sort of a second chance at life/Really almost could have died experience), listening to others' stories and life experiences, following my dreams, encouraging others to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apart from Dearieme's cycling, which is heartily approved of, the other points commenters made were what I'd expected and simply confirm my opinion. I confess I was curious to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being with friends (or chatting on the internet)

    Knowing my friends are happy and well

    Visiting and relaxing in gardens

    Workwise - challenging he inevitable and making a difference

    Music - taking part in a orchestra/choir etc

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've cheated, james! You have more than 5 things there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where's your list though, Liz?

    Cherie - thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.