Friday, May 08, 2009

[copyright] shows you have to be careful

That header of the shoreline and boat at sunset came about this way. I had the large picture and trimmed it to header size, accentuated and did bibs and bobs, then had it hosted.

Fine. The original had been in my store for years, I couldn't recall from where but as i thought about it, it seemed to look like one of Gary Dierking's boats [he's known for that super-smooth strip-planking]. So today I thought I'd check his site out again and what a shock. Not only did he crop the way I did but he used the Papyrus font, as I do in many pics I use.

If you were to compare the two, it looks as if I've just come along and lifted his pic whereas I can assure anyone it was not so. Anyway, look through his site, he's a nice chap that I've had correspondence with from time to time.

5 comments:

  1. Well,
    What I learned in Spain at the Prado was any recreation of a painting must be a different size, as not to confuse it with the original. In my opinion, you have nothing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, so, in these terms, you didn't infringe on his copyright. I think it's a nice gesture what you did though. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think perhaps you just have the same taste...like when 2 friends turn up at an event in the same outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.