Thursday, December 04, 2008

[housekeeping] communication channels

There are a few communication problems just now.

Both emails are down or erratic so for my Russian and Australian friends whom I know check this blog – I’ve set up a new email account [not web-based] on another computer and will send a letter to each of you. Expect it from that new address.

For blogfriends, I’m setting up a second email account and will send a message to you. Please don’t provide that address to anyone, as it won’t be listed.

For the blogosphere in general, I’ll need to set up a default email, a third and that will happen some time soon but I need to think that one through and set up security devices which will shut out the unwanted. Much real life action just now is soaking up the time, such as shifting house.

Bloghounds can communicate via regular channels as their business is not affected by all this.

I’m running comment moderation at the moment for posts older than 14 days but as it doesn’t connect with an email any more, I’m having to view Blogger’s dashboard near the blog name, which lists each comment as one line which I can’t get to expand. Sorry but I’m not prepared to approve publication of a comment on that basis, given the spam of late.

So the bottom line is – it will all get sorted soon and sorry for the inconvenience. I’ll post this below my main morning post of the day.