Thursday, June 12, 2008

[reasons for silence] tall tales and true

Watch that nose!

Have you ever noticed how things gang up on you and then your limp reasons for not blogging are 'blogging will be light' or 'RL intrudes'?

Bet my reasons sound a little far fetched.

For a start, Welshcakes was finally forced to take a day of recuperation yesterday [hence her prolific blogging but you'd never know that, the stoic] and was homebound on the recommendation of Dr. Higham.

Then I was called out by a certain bevy of unspecified gender to impart certain knowledge and a goodly part of the day was spent either doing that or checking in on home.

Then a certain Russian lady was arriving at 10 last evening with a ladyfriend and with the threat of another arriving today, I helped them into their digs but the prospect of a nightcap with a certain WCL had me scooting up the hill to find a quite chipper Welshcakes furiously pumping the keyboard.

We enjoyed the nightcap.

Then old Higham hit the day and didn't stir until now, one hour before being due down the hill once again.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

11 comments:

  1. You see, readers, he always comes back up the hill to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Welshcakes was finally forced to take a day of recuperation yesterday" I hope it was not caused by food poisoning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Modern life is so complicated, isn't it? Even for a retiree like me. Interesting that all these people from Russia are now visiting Modica since you have given it the nod.
    I hope Welshcakes is better soon, the testy ankle I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think jailhouselawyer makes a careeer out of being rude and ignorant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cute, Welshcakes!
    You're a wonderful person to be such a good friend to James. But dog lovers can b ecounted on, are like that .

    ReplyDelete
  6. louise: Devilish is the word you are looking for...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charmed as always, jailhouse lawyer. Thanks, uber.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a big Russian reunion is going on in Sicily ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welshcakes - yes.

    JHL - naughty.

    JMB - all so.

    Louise - welcome and yes.

    Uber - glad you're about.

    Cherie - momentarily.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.