Sunday, May 04, 2008

[baby photo parade] for your delectation

Photo 1

Hmmm, here's how it works, people - the clues are written in the post but they do not correspond to the photo in the vicinity.














Photo 2

The trick, of course, is to mix and match the photos [no more than two of any baby] to the blurbs.










Photo 3

Then some nice words in the comments section about someone else's baby photo here would be much appreciated.











Photo 4

Answers themselves are in white, as usual, below and can be seen by highlighting the line.







Photo 5

I'd take it as a personal favour if you clicked on the name in red, if you haven't already visited today and drop in on these folk to say hello and maybe have a snoop around.










Photo 6

Right, so away we go.








Photo 7

Cherie

One of me aged about 6 months old. I don’t think I have changed all that much ;-) Well maybe I have a bit more to say for myself these days!











Photo 8

Kate

These pictures are of my two youngest in the buggy, and how they are now holding my baby niece Freya who is only 10 weeks old. All very cute and very hard work......but very much loved.



Photo 9

Ginro

Some pics my Dad took when I must have been about three years old. They're black and white unfortunately so for the record I had blue eyes and dark brown hair.

The first photo I seem to look a bit dazed so was probably contemplating Einsteins Theory of Relativity, or had just done a surprise in my trousers, lol.

The second photo someone had probably put something on their head to try and make me laugh. Hmmm, now I know where my daughters serious look comes from.



Photo 10

JMB

Attached is the not so great but earliest photo I have of me. I'm lucky to have any since I have moved country twice.

Here you have the chubby legs and the chubby freckled face of JMB at the ripe old age of six. I was in 1A, it was 1942 (yes we had air raid drills regularly) and the school was Mortdale, a suburb of Sydney, Australia.

Only dresses allowed but you could bring your doll to school in those days as you can see behind me and there were quite a few in the original photo of 33 students. Imagine teaching 33 children to read at one time!



Photo 11

Sean

Sean01_a1: Where's my Teddy?

Sean02_a2: Ah ...








Photo 12

Juliet

Here I am aged three - my (paternal) gran had this photo taken during one of my visits with her.











Photo 13

Bob G

Not everyone can be a hero; somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.





Photo 14

Welshcakes

I expect it's too late but here I am at 3 [I think] at my auntie's house in Devon. To think that one was ever so carefree!!














Nunyaa did not submit a blurb so her two photos in the post are the wildcards. Thanks so much for submitting those - it was a bit of yourself you were sending so I tried to do you justice.



Answers


1
Sean...2 Welshcakes...3 Bob G...4 Kate...5 Ginro...

6
Cherie...7 Julie...8 Nunyaa...9 JMB...10 Kate...

11
JMB...12 Ginro...13 Nunyaa...14 Sean.


13 comments:

  1. They all cute, aww look at the pout on # 1. I tried to work it out but only got #s 2 and 9 right, not counting my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were pretty cute yourself there, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm famous! lol

    Here goes, and I'm not going to highlight the answers as I want to see if I can do it.

    Photos 1 and 14 = Sean
    Photos 4 and 10 = Kate
    Photo 6 = Cherie
    Photo 9 = JMB
    Photo 3 = BobG
    Photo 2 = Welshcakes
    Photo 7 = Juliet

    Completely lost with the others, lol...well apart from mine anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely parade.
    As for who's who: You may call me Sherlock. :)

    Now am I aware although unintended it could be thought unfair to pick one favourite. Still I do: Welshcakes is looking so blithesome and light-hearted that I can even imagine I had intrusted her my Teddy - at least for one or two minutes.

    As for the requested personal favour: This evening I shall overcome my lazyness and visit all the babies. Until then, a sunny Sunday afternoon to everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was certainly a fun idea for a post, as was the PJ parade. You'll have to think of a new idea to make a trio in this "series".

    I got most of them, although not all. A wonderful set of photos assembled here for our enjoyment. None from you James. Have you lost them all in your many moves?

    I hope you don't still pout Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hvae no clue who any of them are, but would like to cudle all of them- even though they are likely decrepit and some my detractors.

    Here are my faves though- I love the cheeky attitude on #1- that would be MY baby( if I had one)

    I adore the pose and whole glossy glamour look of the lil' girl in #2

    I am absolutely drawn to #5( my favourite) that is a gorgeous liil' boy!!!! I would love to see a recent pic of this kid now.

    the boy's face in #12 should be on baby products.

    # 14 ties with #5 for ,my favourite. What a fantastic pose with her teddies, and with those blonde locks. This would make a great pic for a poster .Here is my request that I can lift it for that reason?( not to be published on the net of course)

    This was a great parade James. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw the link for the answers , but nothing happens when I click it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I just realized that 1 and 14 are the same baby! Now I am not sure if it is a boy or girl.but it certainly makes the second pic even more beautiful.
    This is a totally psychic answer but I have a feeling it is Welshcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it was a really fun idea. I like them all [except myself]! Gosh, uber's clever. spotting the similarities in 1 and 14. I'd love to look after Sean's teddies!! But where are YOU, James??

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOLOL!

    Don't think you would like to Ubermouth.

    And yes, where are yours Semaj?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have a clue, but have visited all the blogs - too shy/tired to say hallo, though, as mostly I don't know them. They are all cute - the little boy in picture 12 is an absolute doll. :-) I can't work out how to highlight the answers, so they mystery remains.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I failed miserably on who was who, but it made me smile :-) Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.