Monday, January 07, 2008

[christmas] yo! it's our holiday today


It's Christmas today and I say to you all - Merry Christmas!!!!

Hope the day brings you everything you deserve and/or hope for. Hope that from this moment on we can put all stress and pressures behind us and go into 2008 with an upward looking mood.

How's this for coincidence?

You know what I've been doing the whole weekend since 03:00 Saturday morning with the departure form Blogpower - I've been answering e-mails, keeping up the blog, trying to do my RL work on Saturday and so on. You know, I never even noticed that Christmas had arrived today.

Phone call just came from my mate with Christmas wishes. What???!!! Oh my goodness, I'd completely forgotten. He was not impressed. So I explained the events of the last 60 hours.

"Well, have you phoned ****** [my girlfriend] ?" he aked. "She can't get you."

'Oh, b---er." I knew I had to phone not only her but her mother and grandmother and I'd been invited for family lunch. Oh woe is me! So, first cab off the rank was the most beautiful girl in the world. Lot's of words, I love you, darling and so on. Then I said I had to phone her mother and grandmother.

She handed the phone across and it was her grandmother. Then the phone was handed to her mother. Though they weren't impressed with my memory lapse and I didn't even try to explain the blogosphere, at least I'd phoned. Well, I know it doesn't look good.

Her grandmother promptly invited me over and let me tell you - this lady can cook and how!

They are at this moment driving back through the forest from a resort town and she was [GF] describing the leaves and the snow and the atmosphere and I can feel it right now.

So, with a cup of coffee here now in my flat, with you out there reading, with matters having been set straight in the last post and in RL, dreaming of the forest and with one last day before going back to work, I'm now touching wood [or knocking on wood, as they say over here].

Merry Christmas, dear readers!

7 comments:

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.