Monday, October 01, 2007

[boris] don't forget the name, folks

"I want to be a Mayor for all Londoners, from Zone 6 to Zone 1. A Mayor that will listen, will learn and will lead."

"King Newt's days are numbered".

He has pledged to scrap "cyclist-killing" bendy buses and return the iconic Routemaster to the capital's roads if he topples Mr Livingstone, as well as eradicating the culture of "casual theft and incivility''.

Also included are developing a plan for 24-hour policing, securing a firm commitment to Crossrail and making the congestion charge "fairer and more flexible".

I think taking on Ken would be the kind of 'big beast' challenge that would be very attractive to Boris

- Ed Vaizey, Tory MP

If you can't have characters standing who are willing to speak their mind, then it would be a sadder place

- Simon Hughes, Ex-Lib Dem candidate

Boris Johnson is going to run for Mayor of London! I for one have already pledged my support. Despite my mildly left-leaning inclinations, I have always been fond of Boris, with his boyish good looks and his mop of Teutonic blond hair (although his ancestry is anything but Teutonic). I think he would make a jolly good Mayor of London.

And here's a lovely post on the frazzle-haired breath of fresh air himself.

9 comments:

  1. Poor old London. Thank goodness I don't have to be there very often; this is akin to making Ronald Reagan president.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or even Arnie - Gubernator of California, Mopsa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring back the Routemaster by all means but I like bendy buses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newt is very astute/experienced. Like a number of others in this government and its lesser ramifications, he's done nothing except politics. I think he indulges his public dalliances with Sinn Fein and the like, in order to demonstrate how secure he is in his position.

    Boris is very clever, too, but, sadly, I suspect he is not above entering a political competition like this to increase his market value for other purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure Boris has Arnie's physique....Over at Mr Appleyard I have suggested the Stephen Fry might make a good London Mayor - he drives his own taxi which should be cheap for the taxpayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. COMMENT DELETED

    I very rarely do it but I've notoced today this Steve person going to different sites and though the message differed, the pattern was the same - an insult, followed by an invitation to visit someone in a rabbit suit.

    If the comment is to the point of the post or states it's not going to be and goes onto another mutual topic - that's fine.

    If the comment is to savagely attack Boris - fine. Or Ken.

    But when someone just comes in to boost his own stats, I shan't help. This is not the way to go about it, boyo.

    This way you get summarily deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Welshcakes likes bendy buses because she is used to them in Italy.

    I think Boris will certainly give Red Ken a good run for his money, he could easily wipe him out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure about Boris giving Ken a good run for his money- I can't quite get out of my head the moment when Boris confessed to discussing beating up a journalist with a convicted Felon- see here. Things like that are bound to come up at an election.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The journalist must have been very, very bad, Tiberius.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.