Saturday, June 30, 2007

[sos] send in the women

The three greatest difficulties coming back from an apartment repairs hiatus are:

1] You're skint;

2] You get dragged back into a day job situation - speeches and documents banked up to work through whilst the plumber is still there sawing pipes in half in the other room and at the same time you're still in this sort of strange, unsettled mood;

3] You get dragged into a Second Life Blogpower party, dancing till 04:00 with the twinkle-toed Welshcakes Limoncello and later catching three hours sleep like a 20s something.

4] Your hands are shaking so much you can't type this.

On the other hand, repairing the flat has its plusses:

1] You get to create a giant dance floor right in your main room which once was clogged with all sorts of bric-a-brac;

2] You now feel confident that when the lady arrives that you can take down the Danger sign from the loo and feel confident that no creepy crawlies are going to leap out at her and bite her b.

There's nothing quite like the confidence a clean loo and bathroom can give you - it sort of starts the evening off right.

And so to the party. As a late interloper, I finally found out what the Blogmeister Last Ditch Writer has been up to these last few weeks - he's been entertaining all and sundry, the suave smoothy.

It was nearly sickening to see my chat up lines fall flat when he just had to whisper in the ear of a total honey like, say, Anais: "Are you interested in sculpture? I have a particularly fine specimen on my spaceport balcony. Have you seen the rest of my property?"

They stroll off onto said balcony.

So I'm feverishly writing his lines down to use on my own visitor in First Life and though my newly cleared balcony pales by comparison, still, it is a large balcony and it does overlook the city from the 10th floor and it does offer possibilities.

If you want to get some idea of the vista, go to Wolfie's site and glance at his header.

Now to the crux of the matter. With Welshcakes playing hard to get, Ruthie nowhere to be seen and Anais being chatted up by Tom, well:

Ladies, we need you. Apart from the aforementioned, we need:

# Bel is thinking

# Ellee Seymour

# Finding life hard?

# Heather Yaxley - Greenbanana

# Morag The Mindbender

# Ruthie Zaftig

# Lady Macleod

# Mutter&Meanderings

# Nobody Important

So ladies - you know what you have to do. Sign in to Second Life here, travel to here, teleport yourself and the suave Tom Paine will help you from there. We really, really need you tonight for the pre-awards party!

Chaps - forgive me my slant towards the females. The smooth Ziggy, The ThunderDragon, Bags Rants, Free Jersey [whom I thank for the pic above of the early part of the evening before the ladies arrived], Delicolor, Theo Spark and Jocko the Kilt Man - no party's going to work without the likes of you.

As one party animal was heard to comment last night - Iain Dale doesn't know what he's missing. C'mon, Iain!

And Welshcakes, you won't escape my embrace this evening.

5 comments:

  1. Well James, I tried. It's too complicated for me. I messed up my name, just chose an avatar intending to change it immediately (except I didn't see how until I exited and googled it later), somehow got there and had a conversation with several people including Tom. I realized that the awards are at 6am for me and I haven't seen 6am for quite a while. I also can't see how to change my name (I know you can't change your surname but not even your first name?) Do I have to go in to Tom's area to make changes? Well I think I give up and you'll have to tell me all about it in your blog.
    Have fun, lift a glass on my behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heya James :))

    awe thanks sweetie i love sculpture though maybe if you have limited space your etchings might be a better line ?

    Get Scribbling

    Love Anais

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for a clean loo James..

    I hope you all have a smashing good time, and I am sad not to be there and a tiny bit jealous of all the attention I won't be getting. Apparently SL is in the same category as Google Earth - censored. (sigh) I'm going to have some dates and watch Ocean's 11 old and new version for consolation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies, your comments are noted and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.