Wednesday, August 19, 2009

[little targets] are nice to get past


There are things we're all proud of with our blogs but mercifully, most bloggers don't carry on about being in a top list or how many hundred thousand came to our blog this month or whatever. If I ever made it to a top list though, for sure I'd put the badge in the sidebar.

In 12 from now, this blog passes a milestone and I shall inflict that on you when the time comes. Another I'm pleased with is that if one googles "obscurity", I've never managed better than the third page for nourishing obscurity before. Last evening I googled "obscurity" for the hell of it and was pleasantly surprised to be up with Wiki and Merriam-Webster. [No point googling "nourishing" because that's my Firefox homepage.]

We've all got these little things in the back of the mind we keep checking out and they're quite fun.

Incidentally, who do you go to first in the morning or whenever you hit the net? I used to go to Angus because, alphabetically, he was top of the list. Now I go there because his daily blog digest is the perfect entree to start the day. Then I check back later. Cherie and Jams, my fellow bloghounders, tend to come around this time too.

Now I think about it, I also go to ... but no, I have to draw this list to a close. One other, incidentally, who requires more attention but as he demands intellectual engagement with his material, it might not be for everyone, is Lord T and this particular post is going to offend not just a few. :)

3 comments:

  1. That is very impressive - and a post I understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you James :-)

    I always love to mess around with words phrases to see where my blog appears in a google search. Some are quite scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. Google Poor and the Poor Mouth conmes in just behind Wikipedia articles on Poor and Poverty.

    Google Poor Mouth and I beat a lot of far more worthwhile articles on Flann O Brien's great satire. It does please me to see the Poor Mout at or near the top of a lot of searches

    But enough ego massaging what I do is go A-z or Z-A on my blogroll.. pretty prosaic...

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.