Sunday, July 26, 2009

[waiting] one man, one guitar




Here I stand and I'm waiting
Here I stand and I'm waiting
Here I stand and I'm waiting down
Where I used to meet you down
Where the world was our toy

Here I stand and I'm wondering why
Did you ever leave me why
Break the heart of that boy
Here I stand with my heart in my hands and I offer love to you
Here I stand with my world gone wrong and I wonder what to do
What to do

Here I stand and I'm waiting
Here I stand and I'm waiting

Oh how I've missed you
I wanted to kiss you
I dreamt that I held you and I lost you again
I lost you again

And I lost you again


10 comments:

  1. How about the song, ladies? I like the first pic of him just standing there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, quiteright he lost her. Who wants a man who does nothing but stand around all day? :)

    He could at least panhandle whilst he's standing around and make some money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apart from the song being on an album given to my ex-gf and it being quite sad, I thought I'd post it to see the level of female compassion for a male who has lost a ladylove.

    Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think the words are lovely and it made me think of his other song Wicked Game which I rather like...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Cherie. Doesn't do for a man to drop his guard too often but that song was one I sent back to her after we parted.

    It took months and even years for me but then, much later, it surprised me to see the situation reversed a fair bit.

    In the dark days though there was a bit of standing in storms, looking out to sea. Suppose I should have been panhandling and making myself useful instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't drop your guard you can miss out on a lot of pleasure, but yes sometimes it can take years to get over things.

    From experience it can be a healing and learning process though.

    & am never able to panhandle when I am out of sorts...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol James.

    Guess I don't have compassion?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just being practical..........probably a forlorn, broken man would be able to cash in big in pan handling. Shame to waste the opportunity and all that pain be in vain.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.