Wednesday, July 08, 2009

[quick quiz] are you mensa material


1. Of what wood is a cricket bat traditionally made?

2. Who was the femme fatale in the Wicker Man known as?

3. What is the name of the Scandinavian flute also know as the Sallow?

4. What is the name of the ceramic and porcelain pattern in the picture above?

5. Alexander Pope is said to have begged a twig from a parcel tied with twigs sent from Spain to Lady Suffolk, planted it and all of these in England are supposedly descended from this. What is the genus generally know as?


If no one has the answers by late evening, I'll tell you then.

9 comments:

  1. Err the genus is Salix, which of course gives rise to the scientific name of aspirir, acetylsalicylic acid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you killed him 51% to 50% on that game, didn't you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mensa, or minutia? I'm smart enough to knot know any of those things.
    A cricket bat, whatever that is, SHOULD be made out of ash, but I've no idea what you've miscast it in. And round the dang thing off, willya? Jolly good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started off badly with yew and went downhill from there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still not sure if I like weeping willows - what do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.