Friday, June 19, 2009

[women] wiis and home accidents


Angus had this yesterday:

WIIs can be dangerous especially for the fairer sex: Women exercising indoors have caused up to £1.3 billion in accidental damage in the last year, as they increasingly give up gym memberships and used games consoles such as the Nintendo Wii.

It seems that Ladies (glass of wine, a fruit based drink) are deserting Gyms in droves in favour of the above mentioned games console. An estimated 13 million women now exercise at home, either in front of a television or computer monitor, or using basic weights and home gym equipment, according to a research by an insurance company.

Hence all the home dumbbells on sale at ASDA? And subsequent visits to the Outpatients?

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for that James, did you mean all the dumbbells for sale at ASDA or all the bumbells buying them at ASDA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went for a drive with an old friend of mine hadn't seen him in years.....anyway on the drive he complained continuously about his shoulder.
    Upon inquiring to the nature of his shoulder complaint he revealed that he damaged it playing baseball on the wii2 years ago and still no recovery.....which is remarkable because I also damaged my shoulder at the same time on the wii at the same time.

    Bloody wii

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know where I am going wrong!!! I should be wearing my High Heels when working out on the Wii!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just been using my tomato squashing machine and I reckon it's much better exercise for the arms than using all those dumbells. Nearly misread the post title. Thought it was willies causing the accidents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just wondering if it's necessary to dress this way to play on one's Wii.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to comment about the dress code but I thought better of it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. James,
    are you partial to heels and bikinis then?

    ReplyDelete
  8. To both ladies, I prefer clad [if she's mine] until we get home. Do you remember the name of the Bond film with Carole Bouquet and Roger Moore? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah yes, had to look it up, but should have guessed. So James, you're predominantly a gentleman with sexy (notice I didn't say sexist ;D) undertones...

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.