Friday, June 19, 2009

[weekend poll] age and beauty

Yes, Rachel, the Boys' Poll is next Friday.

Well, I've already made a hash of this right from the start. I left Nigella off and Freepolls only allow ten variants. So the only way out of it [some votes already having been cast] is to count TOTAL VOTES and I'll tot up the percentages once it's all done, after the weekend.

Now, let's get down to it

Only a fool would claim that young women are not beautiful and enticing but 'sexy' is a much broader term than just perfect skin and sharp movements. It's the combination of so many things and the expression that a woman is like a fine wine - better as she gets older, I'd vouch for from my [limited] experience.

There's an animal wildness and a knowledgeability to the experienced lady [in the one or two I've known] which the younger girl is going to have to wait years to develop.

So, here are eleven such ladies for you to vote for in the right sidebar. Remember that you're allowed multiple votes done at one time.


1. Stevie Nicks [61]

2. Queen Noor of Jordan [57]

3. Cristina Fernández de Kirchner. President of Argentina [56]

4. Segolene Royal [55]

5. Michelle Pfeiffer [51]

6. Ann Curry, U.S. television personality [51]

7. Susanna Hoffs, from the Bangles [50]

8. Kate Bush - yes, Kate herself [50]

9. Julia Louis Dreyfus, U.S. actress and comedienne [47]
[This picture was removed on 02/11/10 at the request of JL Dreyfus's management.]


10. Monica Bellucci [44]

You must be wondering about Catherine Zeta-Jones, Emmanuelle Beart, Queen Rania of Jordan, Audrey Tautou, Carla Bruni and many others. They're all too young! Slips of girls.

You might be wondering about why Christie Brinkley's not here either. She's a model and I've left the models out because their profession is beauty.

2nd group - those the readers insist should be there


11. Nigella Lawson [47]


PLEASE VOTE IN THE SIDEBAR, RATHER THAN IN THE COMMENTS :)

21 comments:

  1. Why haven't you Got Nigela Lawson in there?........by the way bloody nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes Nigela. She does carry it well, and she can cook! My vote goes for Michelle Pfeiffer. I loved her in Ladyhawke.

    I've always thought the fine wine and aging was a good analogy. I'll admit to being in the range your seeking, just had a birthday even. However, my hubby is quite possessive. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. If two ask, she goes on. Nigella, yes. She needs to be there. We'll now run it as TOTAL VOTES, rather than as percentages. I'll do the percentages at the end.

    Anyway, one of you didn't vote, according to the number of votes cast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and thanks, Economic Voice.

    HGF - possessive, eh? Now I'm intrigued by you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Welshy in the room Liz....your not my wife are you?....she was cooking my Thai Green Curry. Her name is Liz aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops, that would have been me

    ...details, details.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. another Welshy?
    ah, I thought ya'll were English here? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. [Draws a finger across his lips to indicate that his lips are sealed and then drops the eyes in a bashful way]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nigella Lawson and Michele Phieffer and on other I am too tired to recall. I never follow directions as you can see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uber, I just went over to Southern something and she knows you. She left a comment here and I forgot to go back. It seems her blog's shut down. Tell her I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  11. By the way, Uber, you're supposed to VOTE IN THE SIDEBAR. :) Hope you're OK.

    HGF ......... yes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see the result to this one :-)

    BTW: I love the Bloghounds logo you are running at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have a proper graphics programme so it's just a mock-up for now to see how it looks. The pic is wiki commons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know, people, this is getting to be quite fun. I woke up a short time of go and just had to look and the pattern had changed in the voting. I shouldn't think there'd be too much on Saturday - usually my worst day of blogging but still ...

    Interesting that Nigella is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.