Thursday, May 07, 2009
[science and technology] five questions for you
1. Mrs. Thomas Smith of Ryde, NSW, Australia, produced a new variety of fruit in 1868. What is it called?
2. Name anything that happened in Britain on September 3rd, 1752.
3. The prefix mega- is a millionfold in the SI units and giga- is a billion. Tera is a trillion but what is the quadrillionfold (10 to the power of 15) prefix?
4. Truth, beauty, strange, charm, up and down are types of what?
5. If the camel with one hump is called a dromedary, what’s the other type called?
The Granny Smith apple; nothing happened - after September 2, the next day was September 14, due to the change from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar, peta, quarks, bactrian