Tuesday, April 21, 2009

[pdfs] negotiating the maze


I've just wasted two hours of valuable blogging time trying to find a way to put the chapters of my book as pdfs. I'd already made the pdfs on my Mac and that was no problem - there they sit on the desktop, in a folder.

The problem is uploading them to my bedside reading website. When using googledocs, they're only available to google users and the url skews the whole template when the link is put in the sidebar.

OK, so I went to Scrbd and it uploaded fine, the url was made, it was put in the sidebar, all was fine, except for one thing - to click on the link doesn't take you to my pdf, it takes you to my pdf upoaded on their site and your have to register with them to view it.

Stuff that.

My friend mentions easyspace but I'd like to know from you good people out there - what do you do to get your pdfs in a form where I can come along, click on your link and read them?

4 comments:

  1. The free blogs provided by Wordpress used to have an option to upload and display PDFs -- no idea whether they still do though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free Wordpress still allows you to upload PDF files.

    I have sent you a link to show you an example.

    However it doesn't allow you to add JavaScript which stops things like Statcounter and Blogrolling links and some of the other fun codes you can add into your blog sidebar.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.