Wednesday, April 22, 2009

[l’amour] the latin languages say it all


Let’s face it, folks, the Latin languages really have the romance game sewn up but don’t forget that sybillant Russian can also do the job quite effectively.

Tonight, it’s French.

Boys, here are some expressions you can employ to spice up your romance and have her eating out of your hand [make sure you bring something to eat and drink to the bedside with you – it’s going to be a long night].

Girls, jaded? All spice gone from your sex life? Surreptitiously slip this list into his coat pocket or nail it to the wall of the loo where he reads the newspaper and a special night is ahead of you.

Unattached or unwanted? Never mind. Armed with a selection of these expressions, just select an appropriate female [or male] utter the words in your most sensual voice and following the initial slap in the face, threats of litigation or references to you in an unpleasantly personal manner, you’ll have her [or him] intrigued.

One burger in Macdonalds and he [or she] will be yours for the night or forever, whichever ends first.


A selection

Je crois toi
I trust you.

Toi et moi- Ça ne changera pas
You and me- It doesn't change.

Je respire l'odeur de ton corps
I breath the smell of your body.

Dans tes bras c'est mon destin
My destiny is in your arms.

Tu es dans toutes mes pensées
You are in all my thoughts.

Tes yeux, j'en reve jour et nuit
I dream about your eyes day and night.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point.
The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. [Blaise Pascal Pensées]

Entre deux coeurs qui s'aiment, nul besoin de paroles
Two hearts in love need no words. [Desbordes-Valmore]

Je veux passer la reste de ma vie avec vous
I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

Tes yeux, j'en rêve jour et nuit. I dream about your eyes day and night.
Je veux être avec toi. I want to be with you.

Que mes baisers soient les mots d'amour que je ne te dis pas.
Let my kisses be the words of love that I don't say.

Il n'y a qu'un bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'être aimé.
There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. [George Sand]

Un jour sans toi est comme un jour sans soleil
A day without you is like a day without sun.

La douceur de ta peau est comme une caresse du vent
The softness of your skin is like a caress of the wind.

I love you so much it's hard to concentrate on anything but you:
Je t'aime tellement que c'est dur de me concentrer sur autre chose que toi

J’ai envie de toi (desesperement).
I want you (desperately).

Two expressions I frown on, for different reasons, are:

Ton corps est mon trésor
Your body is my treasure.

The idea of your corpse weighing a ton just doesn’t rock my boat, sorry. And this one for the PCers:

Connais-tu les contrats de mariage?
Do you know about prenups?

My favourite French expression of love though would have to be:

C’etait formidable! Pourrais-tu defaire les attaches, s’il te plait?
That was amazing. Will you please untie me now?

Ah, l’amour!


5 comments:

  1. There is that certain something about the French language...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Unattached or unwanted? Never mind. Armed with a selection of these expressions, just select an appropriate female [or male] utter the words in your most sensual voice and following the initial slap in the face, threats of litigation or references to you in an unpleasantly personal manner, you’ll have her [or him] intrigued.

    One burger in Macdonalds and he [or she] will be yours for the night or forever, whichever ends first." LOLZ!!! I especially liked, "C’etait formidable! Pourrais-tu defaire les attaches, s’il te plait?" Oh man, maybe I should try that on the French chicks in my Quijote class before the exam tomorrow, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My other half is amused when I speak French. It's the nasal sounds that make her chuckle. Just saying 'one' "un" to her and she bursts into laughter. She's more impressed when I speak Esperanto or German.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherie - there is.

    Matt - was thinking about you this morning.

    Damon - keep at it, lad.

    Liz - amamus.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.