Thursday, February 12, 2009

[when in china] do valentines


The Beijing Happy Valley theme park said it would offer a free ticket to ladies who came with their partners and arrange special activities for lovers during the Valentine's Day weekend. Even blood donation centers were offering special gifts to donors. The Changsha Blood Center in central Hunan Province said they would present roses and movie tickets to lovers who donate blood on Feb. 14, a tradition they have followed for the past four years.

Isn't that nice? What are you doing for Valentine's Day?

Me, I'm getting depressed. I had some cards from Russia and want that lady in my arms now but what can I do [sound of violins]? Where's the English rose of my life? I see her in ASDA and Morrison's but she's spoken for, methinks.

Maybe she'd like a ride on my 12 speed bike with me? Maybe her name's Daisy? Maybe I'm making it all up.

11 comments:

  1. I've always ignored it, along with the other days whose sole purpose seems to be to enrich the greetings card manufacturers. I don't make New Year resolutions either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm NOT spoken for! But if you keep crashing your trolley into mine and being a male driver in charge of a trolley do you ever expect me to smile back at you and invite you back to my base camp?

    You raced me to the checkout - truly unforgivable.

    You should go to Asda - roses are selling at £2 a bunch for valentines day (hint) mind you, I dare say you will present me with a bunch in the shop and then put the bloody things in my trolley so I end up paying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @D.D.
    I am eexpecting a big box of unpoisoned chocolates from someone special,but no doubt I will be let down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Me, I'm getting depressed. I had some cards from Russia and want that lady in my arms now but what can I do [sound of violins]? Where's the English rose of my life?" Where's her from Spain for me?!? Where's my American girl for that matter?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am spending my day with Geoff... thats all that matters ...

    sending valentine wishes to you x

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.