Wednesday, February 04, 2009

[mystic quiz] know your stonehenge


Supply the number in each case:

1. ___ upright stones or sarsens.

2. Each sarsen is over ___ feet tall and weighs ___ tons.

3. There are ___ lintels weighing ___ tons each.

4. The ___-year cycle of eclipses can be found by decoding Stonehenge.

5. Giraldus Cambrensis was a historian of the ___th century, who wrote a book titled The History and Topography of Ireland and ascribed the engineering of Stonehenge to Merlin.

Answers

30, 10, 26, 30, 6, 56, 12

Further reading at World-Mysteries.com

6 comments:

  1. I suddenly realize how much I don't know about Stonehenge that I wish I knew.

    Thanks for awakening me to lack of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "4. The ___-year cycle of eclipses can be found by decoding Stonehenge." I was talking to a historical astronomer at lunchtime who told me that this line of argument is now exploded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...Where the banshees live and they do live well..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am fascinated by Stonehenge and read a lot about it, but couldn't remember all those figures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell me more, dearieme.

    Banshees - yes.

    I can't remember anything, fullstop.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.