Wednesday, December 24, 2008

[tragedy] at a time of happiness


One of my favourite bloggers and one I'd hope I could count as a friend, L"Ombre, has lost his mother. His account is moving but has a sting to it:

The ambulance crew showed up because at o'dark thirty on Thursday my mother tried to go to the toilet and fell somehow next to it instead of on it. Father was unable to extricate her and called 999. When they showed up (quite promptly I believe) they quickly got her up from where she had fallen and gave a little first aid. They (and their superiors via radio) advised against taking her to hospital because they said she'd be no better off.

I don't know, in these circumstances, if it helps but maybe if you pop over there, read and comment, it might ease things a little.

5 comments:

  1. We did get my father-in-law into hospital. Where they killed him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to wish, but you have sad new here...

    Anyway,

    Wish you and family a Merry Christmas, James..

    devika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad things seem to happen at Christmas time

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sad thing to happen at any time but especially at Christmas.

    But I'm dashing round visiting bloggers I haven't called in on for ages and I'd like to wish you a wonderful Christmas and a healthy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearieme - beautifully put.

    Devika and Liz - thanks.

    Darwen reporter - that's true and welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.