Monday, December 15, 2008

[baby factory] what's in a name

Bronx Mowgli, out of Ashlee Simpson, by Pete Wentz and Sophocles Iraia, out of Miranda Manasiadis, by Jermaine Clement, are two of the wackier names of 2008.

They join a long tradition of Moon Unit Zappa, Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily, Audio Science, out of actress Shannyn Sossamon and some man, Pilot Inspector, out of Beth Riesgra, by boyfriend actor Jason Lee, Saffrom Sahara, out of Yasmin Parvaneh, by Simon Le Bon and God'iss Love Stone, out of rapper Lil' Mo, by husband Al Stone.

Still, that pales by comparison to boxer George Foreman's children George Jr., George III, George IV, George V, and George VI plus daughters Michi, Freeda, Georgetta, Natalie, and Leola.

If I was starting over again, I'd probably name my son Indon Barack Obama Kenya and my daughter Paris Madonna Jolie, asking Gordo to be their godfather and Polly Toynbee their godmother.

Nah, I'm lying. I'd call him Rotten Little Rodent and her Man Magnet II. You have to love your kids, you know.

7 comments:

  1. I was named after Jacqueline Kennedy and Marie Antoinette!

    Given my mum was'is a Shakespeare groupie, I should consider myself lucky.

    Still,I would have preferred George.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People never mention Moon Unit's brother who fared even worse than her with Dweezil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parents who name their kids like this are narcissistic. It's about publicity to them and not about the child making his own mark in the world.
    My name is as generic as "John Smith" -- I could not be happier: labels do not make us who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still, in the words of the man himself: Consider for a moment any beauty in the name "Ralph". ~ Frank Zappa

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I guess parents should choose a good name for their children. names also gives impact on the personality of a person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uber - yes, poor Dweezil.

    M'lord - narcissism is a kind word.

    Pisces - nor in Hughie.

    Cherie - yes but there is inventive and inventive.

    Baby-name - welcome, yes, the future impact should be a consideration.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.