Sunday, November 02, 2008

[housekeeping] tweaking the template

UPDATE: This page is as it was but the blogroll page has been redone.


The two sidebars together are not meant to be a mistake - I've put them there to see how they go for a few days.

As I usually have pics across the top of a post or on the left, this lends itself to the new format but there've been difficulties with the html. I can't seem to determine sidebar length and so it seems to cut off below a certain point and the text then wraps around. At first I thought this was not so good but it actually shortens the page, so I've left it.

Not being sure how it would look on Windows with IE, I downloaded IE5 for Mac and have looked at the page in Safari, Firefox and IE. Seems to be basically all right.

See how it strikes you.

2 comments:

  1. It looks alright- though it seems a little busy. Its a suppose an unavoidable problem when you have so much to put on the sidebar but that would be my main criticism. That and I'm not sure about the full page posts below- personally I prefer all posts to be the same size- its something about my eye, it likes regularity.

    One little thing- I was just looking at your blog- and noticed the header courtesy of thing ends at 'of'. Just in case you hadn't noticed. That's minor anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I was just thinking yesterday how you have a really nice template set- up. This one isn't as nice, but at the end of the day-it's your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.