Friday, October 31, 2008

[bloggers choice awards 09] if you're that way inclined

My site was nominated for Best Political Blog!

It appears someone has nominated me for the Bloggers Choice Awards '09.

These things fill me with dread - as was shown in the Weblog Awards where someone nominated me, I made the finals, then got nowhere. Iain Dale was in those awards too and also got nowhere and I think most people would agree that the one who won it was a travesty. Still, I was glad I didn't come last.

My site was nominated for Best Blog of All Time!

In the Weblogs, I made no attempt to promote this blog and for that I was castigated by email, on the grounds of "if someone goes to the trouble of nominating you, at least you could mention it". Three of the BPers were a bit annoyed too, when I dropped out of the BP awards, in 2007, one of them writing to me: "Hey, I voted for you and now you're not there."

My site was nominated for Best Blogging Host!

So I'm going to put these badges in the sidebar and if you're that way inclined, you might mosey on over and give this blog a click but I don't think they're actually taking votes on this yet. Seems to me that they've just closed the 2008 awards.

I'm in the categories Best Political Blog [wouldn't mind this one], Best Blog of All Time [mind boggles at that one, have to laugh] and Best Blogging Host [which I don't fully understand, to be honest].

Anyway, there they are.

By the way, Bloghounds are soon to run an internal awards, pontificating on the blogosphere in a number of "fun categories" so we'll keep you informed on those.


4 comments:

  1. Mate, I came last and I don't give a bollocks.

    There are so many sodding blog awards out there now I've lost track. I just don't have time to do posts every half-day exhorting people to vote for me, and to get all my mates logging in with proxy servers to vote for me eleventeen times.

    If that's what it's all about, I've got better things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about that. That's why I didn't run anything on the Weblogs. This time thought there is someone who wants me to at least mention it, so that's what I've done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, that was me. *typos*
    Congratulations James. The voting has started btw.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.