Thursday, September 25, 2008

[favourite marques] in no particular order

What are your five current [in the last five years] favourite models? You can't include collectibles like Austin Healeys or the old Bristols in the list.



The Holden Commodore, which is now making inroads into the American market, is a large engined sub-compact designed for long haul trips in Australia.


Needs no introduction - the Aston Martin Vanquish has to be the sexiest and most menacing thing on four wheels.


My personal choice if I ever get back to some sort of financial position - the BMW Mini is a great car for the UK.


The Miata is a bit aged now but in its soft top form is one of the niftiest around. I've always liked all but its front nose styling.


If I still had a family, this or the Volvo Estate would be the choice - usually wagons are ugly but in this case, the A6 is better in Estate form.

So there are my five. What re yours?

5 comments:

  1. Current marues? I have no idea - my car is an 18 year old Corolla with 45,000 miles on the clock.

    If you add vintage marques I would include the Jaguar E-type, the AC Cobra and the Aston Martin DB5

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave car, that makes me drool, is the VW Nardo..now that's a car,and the fastest one on the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would take the Commodore over the others, unless you have owned one or driven one, you will never know.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.