Friday, June 13, 2008

[interim report] light at the end


Envisage Wednesday we'll be freed up to blog. Just now there are my Russian visitors and the exam time plus Sunday's election [see Welshcakes' posts] but it eases up after Tuesday.

Little bit of Russo-Italian stick. The visiting ladies went to dine last evening in the lower town and I went with them for a while. When the waiter came over, I indicated, 'Belissimo, non?' nodding to the three and he said, 'Non.'

He clearly felt I should be confining my activities to a good Sicilian girl or maybe a Welsh girl in Sicily, had he known about the lovely lady up in the middle town, Sordo. Of course I can't invite you all to Welshcakes' place but there's a nice B&B down the road - actually ultra-nice:


Pinetta Monserrato
Tel/faz +39.0932.946.908

So if you fancy a spacious B&B on the hillside overlooking the old town, that's your spot. If you fancy some Italian lessons in a most civilized manner [thereby allowing this household of ours to survive the summer], the place is:

English International School

Welshcakes is too modest to say but she's a fully qualified teacher in Italian and Paula can also do this. She is today teaching one of the Russian girls.

In all seriousness though, it's a fabulous area with more than reasonable rates compared to the rest of Europe and last evening's cool 22 degrees walking through the old town was a delight, not to mention the cuisine and the sheer relaxation here.

And you'd get to meet Welshcakes.

5 comments:

  1. And you'd get to meet Welshcakes
    One day I hope, sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ought to arrange a mega blogger meet up. I am sure that would be lots of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already met WL in my own home. I know how lovely & talented she is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll tell Welshcakes about it - thanks all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo that, jmb. Brill idea, cherrypie! You are extraordinarily kind, Book Owl - and very talented yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.