Saturday, June 14, 2008

[home's your castle] have I got news for you


Chris Cocker, 36, from Blackburn, laughed so hard while watching BBC TV's Have I Got News For You that he fell off the sofa, the BBC reported. A neighbour in the flat below heard the thud and called police.

"I fell off the settee in hysterics and hit the floor and got myself up and started carrying on watching the telly and the next thing I know there was a knock on the door," Mr Cocker said.

The knock was from police officers, but Mr Cocker was not happy to see them and refused to co-operate. "The bit where I lost it the most was when I shut the door and the policeman had stuck his foot in the doorway and was refusing to let me shut my own front door," he said.

Police then pepper-sprayed Mr Cocker, bundled him into a police van and took him to a police station where he said he was stripped naked and made to spend a night in a jail cell, the BBC said.


The whole thing turns on three points:

1. Mr. Cocker got up all by himself and didn’t inconvenience anyone else in this difficult manouevre;

2. Mr. Cocker clearly had not installed the second security door for when troublesome visitors stick their feet through the outer door;

3. The necessity to be naked in jail.

I’d dearly love to hear a recording of the initial conversation between the boys in blue and Joe’s brother but there is one point left unresolved and uncommented on in this whole tawdry episode – the programme ‘Have I Got News For You.

I do feel there is a prima facie case for search and arrest of the main culprits on that particular show and quite substantial justification for 42 day detention and waterboarding, those subversives being prime candidates for insurgency status.

Would all this have happened under Angus Deyton?

6 comments:

  1. What can you say. I have little or no respect for our police anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a chance, all far too busy having coke fueled orgies under good ole Ang ;)
    BG

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about this the other day and I can't help but think that both parties acted badly in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there might be a bit more to that story that hasn't been reported...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Cherie I would imagine that there is something left unsaid in this story. The real shocker for me though is someone actually laughing at the show!

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.