Tuesday, May 06, 2008

[pirates] answer these five, yer lubbers

1. Who eventually decapitated Edward Teach?

2. What terrible death did Henry Morgan suffer?

3. Jack Rackham is known for his two female fellow pirates. One was Mary Read - who was the other?

4. What happened at Captain Kidd's first hanging at Wapping?

5. Whom did Grace O'Malley petition at Greenwich?


Answers [usual method]
1. Lieutenant Robert Maynard; 2. not terrible - he possibly died of disease at his home; 3. Anne Bonny; 4. the rope broke; 5. Queen Elizabeth

8 comments:

  1. You don't fool me twice. It reminds me of when I was a kid, why go through tracing which route gets to the centre of the maze when you can simply take the one route out of the maze.

    The only one I knew without having to Google is the chav who wasn't about to be hanging about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lack of pirates in my life. Well, Captain Silver, ... and Grace O'Malley, which makes it Higham 4 - Jeating 1. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it isn't even 'Talk Like a Pirate Day'!

    I managed 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arr Yarr Arr...

    With the amount of rum he used to drink Morgan probably doesn't know that he's dead yet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see Ordovicius knows how to talk like a Pirate ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.