Tuesday, May 20, 2008

[interim report] die is cast

There are two issues - what the heck I was going to do if I was to be turfed out of the country by the new law and how to stay alive with at least one meal a day for the next few months.

The first has been resolved in principle through a very kind offer from one of our bloggers and that will be publicized as soon as it can be brought to fruition. This blogger and I will make a joint report to our regular readers as and when it happens next week.

There is still a battle going on this week at this end to try to get immigration to reverse it's stand.

The second, the financial side - I have a stay of execution for now but it looks uneasy. Having had June/July taken away [my main earners] plus not being eligible for my holiday pay now, with this neat little new regulation in place, I have to be working and earning.

Three bloggers have suggested I put up Paypal on this site but I've resisted that, reasoning that if I go into hiatus, no one is going to donate to a dead cause. It's more appropriate to assure close people here that any largesse on their part is a loan I'll repay as soon as I'm earning in a new place.

So there's enough to leave here but not enough to go on after that and it might be necessary to do something through this page for a short period until the first pay comes in. Also, the longer I survive, the greater the chance of unlocking the frozen funds back home and that would solve all problems.

So I'm loathe to ask for now as any incoming money is a debt I'll have to repay later. Those kind bloggers who offered - be careful as I might ask for your help next week in a new place. I'd like to openly say here [and will e-mail you personally later] that your kindness has been touching and somehow I think this thing will be traversed though hardly resolved.

May I keep those offers as a rain check please?

I tell you one thing - if I do get set up again, you're going to be invited as an honoured guest as soon as I'm able.

6 comments:

  1. James great to see that there ARE decent people on the internet.
    As always hoping things go well for you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear that the blogging community is so strong, an example to elsewhere I reckon!
    I do hope you get some resolution soon, it's always the not knowing and hanging on which is so much worse than once you know what you're fighting. Good luck, BG x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things much better now - clear direction and lots of organization to do. Thanks ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how things work out, isn't it? You never know where help will come from. Still hoping for the best scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you will find a way for things to work out :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.