Tuesday, May 06, 2008

[blog crawl] new game in poor taste

Click pic


This may well be my least acceptable post to date.


The immediate criticism is that it directs you to other blogs for spurious reasons. I argue, in reply, that either you usually visit there anyway or if not - it might have let you find a blog you might not have ordinarily done.

A second criticism is that it trivializes the post from where the fragment was drawn. This one worries me but I still feel it's better to go to the site rather than not to. Anyway, here are the rules of the game:
If you follow the path below and select the words indicated from those posts, when put together - they create a message. What is that message?

So let's start clicking:



Jailhouse Lawyer - first eight words, paragraph 2 after the extensive links - I would have thought if you take the
Calum Carr - last three words, paragraph 2 - desired path

Cherie - last two words of the heading - in life

Liz - words 10 to 13 , paragraph 1 - I really don't believe

Jeremy - paragraph 2 from "by" to "another" - by speaking so that you can be properly understood, you'll run into problems of one kind or another.
Ordovicius - last paragraph, up to the first comma - This seems like a good and sensible proposal to me.

Bob G - section 3, "anyone" to "clue" - Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get a clue.


Right, well that was a trial run. Next time we'll do it for real. Oh, by the way, if you'd like to see the combined text, highlight all the text in this post and read the italics.
Cheers :)

Bet no one looks at this sentence - if you can read this, you win a trip for two to Mogadishu.

17 comments:

  1. OK, well I got that right.
    And I think I'll pass on the holiday in Mogadishu if it's all the same to you, lol.

    Jeremy's post was really funny.
    Not a lot of sympathy for Mrs Carr. I've been on the receiving end of psychologists misbehaviour and it wasn't funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean, Ginro, that you don't have much sympathy or as I think you mean - that there is not much out there?

    Ordo - my pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will pass on the holiday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Bet no one looks at this sentence - if you can read this, you win a trip for two to Mogadishu".

    You lost your bet. Shall I take Rocky or Liana?

    More to the point, how the heck did you do it? I mean the subliminal text.

    ReplyDelete
  5. James

    Firstly THANK YOU for the box in the sidebar in support of my campaign. This beyond my dreams.

    I noticed that, this morning, you had read quite few of my posts.

    Re this game: I don't have a problem with your game at all. We need exposure.

    I do wonder about your brain though. How you came to think of the idea I can't start to understand.

    Again, good luck with your future, thanks and thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry. Psychologists make my blood boil. I get a bit terse.

    There isn't a lot, and there should be. The amount of people who have been at the receiving end of misbehaviour by people in the mental health services is dreadful, and the damage they cause can be almost irreparable.

    Please list me as someone supporting her. However, I will not stand with the psychologist. She can roast as far as I'm concerned, one of them getting what they are so happy to mete out to others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, this requires a post, Ginro.

    Calum - hopefully more will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Write in white, John".

    Duh!

    I am always going on about how people miss the bloody obvious...

    ReplyDelete
  9. James the pic on this post has gone. Although if you click in the space the link is still there. ?????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you mean me writing one or you writing one? Hopefully you mean you writing one as, if it's me writing one then, I'm not sure as I'm still trying to calm down from reading about Mrs Carr.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pic's still there, JMB - it's just not coming up for you. Are you on Firefox?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe not Mogadishu- seems I got here late :) damn employment! But thanks for the offer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Firefox, of course! Now the pic is back again and still on Firefox. It's a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that when you, and others who do it, shine a light on others blogs it is a kind act showing generosity of spirit and a sharing of readership.
    Ignore the detractors, James.
    I know when you have done it for my blog, I have always beden honoured and thrilled. I am sure everyone has.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.