Monday, March 31, 2008

[mobiles] another nail in the coffin

Mobile phones will overtake asbestos and smoking as a leading public health danger, a top neurosurgeon says.

Research by Canberra Hospital’s Vini Khurana found that in the next four years, the full impact of brain tumours caused by mobile phones would be revealed.

Read the full report here.

The previous report on this growing menace is here.

7 comments:

Nunyaa said...

I don't know if I believe all these studies done, of course am not an expert in the field. Sometimes feels like its scare mongering

Verlin Martin said...

if you truly believed all the studies, you'd live under a rock ;)

love how a study can tell you that we will see the fruits of this in the future... what is it with you and studies that rely on data to come James (heh)

oestrebunny said...

I thought they had decided that mobiles posed no threat?

Meh, I never pay attention to these studies anyway, I'd never make it past my front gate otherwise.

jmb said...

I thought this had been discounted previously too. However long term studies will eventually tell the tale more accurately.

It seems everything is fraught with danger these days.

CherryPie said...

I am with bunny life is for living!

BobG said...

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who thinks it's normal to run around all day with one of those stuck in their ear already has a brain disorder.

Semaj Mahgih said...

Yes, Bunny - better to keep the head in the sand.