Tuesday, February 05, 2008

[super tuesday] pass the paper bag

Obama and the Sisterhood

At a packed Obama rally in Los Angeles, Winfrey addressed a backlash from some of her female viewers, who have accused her of being a traitor to the sisterhood because she was supporting a man over a woman for US president.

"I was both surprised by that comment and insulted, because I've been a woman my whole life and every part of me believes in the empowerment of women but the truth is I'm a free woman," the world famous television talk show host said'. "And being free means you get to think for yourself."

"I will never vote for anyone based on gender or race," she said. "I'm voting for Barack Obama not because he's black, I'm voting for Barack Obama because he is brilliant."

Clinton and Her Superbowl Victory

"Super Bowl, Super Tuesday . . . we've got one down, let's get the other one!" Senator Clinton said as she jumped in the air and high-fived a group of children.

Where's a paper bag?

4 comments:

  1. Will a paper bag hold it all? Gag, Puke, Vomit......

    This sort of stuff just makes me want to gag/puke/vomit/

    It brings back all my cynical feelings about politics during my time in America.

    Please please, no Billary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I've been a woman my whole life.. "- what an inane statement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for the alternative to Billary, todays at the Old Brit I stimbled upon following Obama-quote: "If you will stand with me, if you will caucus with me ... you and I together, we will change this country and we will change the world."

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.