Tuesday, December 04, 2007

[end of year] easy does it

I just said over at Blogpower and expand on it here that we shouldn't read too much into end of year blogging blues.

Many fellow bloggers are going into hiatus over the festive period and those downunder will go for their long break. It might look like the blogosphere's falling apart but it's not doing that.

There is weariness after a tough year and more than a little sickness, especially for me. My greatest concern is university end of year, with all its statutory requirements which are a pain in the neck. Blogposts are therefore, by definition, curtailed for now. My aim is one post in the morning and two in the evening until the week before Christmas.

I'm also going hell for leather on my four books, which are being condensed to three. I'd love to get them posted at my Lit blog before too long.

So, I'm not personally planning to go anywhere and my whole agenda for the next few weeks is to get out of things - academic pressure, buying of presents, pre-Christmas compulsory drinks and so on. My other agenda is to visit other blogs as much as I can and try to get a Blogfocus up soon.

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean- its a tough time of year- cheers for keeping going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a tough time of year but I think you have set yourself realistic objectives to get through it, James. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 weeks till christmas day...so much to do ..so much stress... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, it is tough, both finding time to post and comment.

    Like you, I espect to be posting more over Xmas itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grachi, Beaman, Welsh, thanks.

    Sally - that's the stress I mean. For what?

    Ruthie - also thanks.

    Let's all of us chill out and take it easy in this season.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.